prepping the forehand-sept issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prepping the forehand-sept issue

John-just viewed this months article and last months on the grips and think the format with the narration and visuals are great-the concepts are what i worked on at your tennis school with Giancarlo and your video analysis,my forehand is definitely better,i was hitting today with Pro Bernie Mitton at the racquet club of Irvine and he thought the groundies looked good-former student Barry Gaines,M.D.

Barry,
    Thanks and good to hear from you! I'll say hi to GC.
    John

Comment

John, this is a really great article on the preparation for the forehand - the best I've seen. Are you planning a similar article on the 2HBH anytime soon? Thanks!

Comment

Not soon but eventually.

Comment

John,
          just got a chance to go over a couple of articles and went through the two new articles on forehand grips and then preparation. Really great articles. Now I guess I have to require my new students to subscribe. The old bromides have driven me nuts for years. It's tough to get these concepts across when you are running against so much "conventional wisdom". All the technological backup with the audio matched to the video is just terrific. Congratulations.

Comment

Don,

That is high praise.

John

Comment

distance

John,
              I have the same opinion about the new format, sound+image=instant aprehension of the ideas.
              Just a quick question: Everything that will happen on a stroke, even more on a modern forehand, for example, needs a lot of physical space to happen, that is, at least 3 meters, counted when the preparation starts, until the contact happens. The student just don't know that they need to get out of the place the ball will quick, as soon as possible, so he will have the time and space to delivery the stroke. I suggest to film the professionals players from a very high position, and show us how much they went far from the place the ball will quick. All that is said because with this approach my performance has really improved, and I never saw this question been treated and this kind of video been taped.

Comment

Yeah well they don't have a camera tower above the court. But the timing of all this is spread over about 1 second.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2487 users online. 8 members and 2479 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X