No announcement yet.

Neutral Stance For Approach/Short Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airforce1, I'll be ordering a package of Big Ace sometime soon. Yesterday, I hit with three of a friend's racquets, one strung with Luxilon Alu Big Banger Power, one with Luxilon Alu Big Banger Power Fluoro, and one with Luxilon in the mains and gut on the crosses. They didn't feel all that different, and each transmitted a bit of shock, which probably meant I was hitting a little off-center -- concentrating on the feel too much, rather than tracking the ball right onto the strings. So, I should give them another try, but have a hunch they'll still remind me a little of Kevlar, even though I like the way they play.
    Last edited by ochi; 10-01-2008, 11:29 AM. Reason: insert

Comment

Originally posted by ochi View Post
      Airforce1, I'll be ordering a package of Big Ace sometime soon. Yesterday, I hit with three of a friend's racquets, one strung with Luxilon Alu Big Banger Power, one with Luxilon Alu Big Banger Power Fluoro, and one with Luxilon in the mains and gut on the crosses. They didn't feel all that different, and each transmitted a bit of shock, which probably meant I was hitting a little off-center -- concentrating on the feel too much, rather than tracking the ball right onto the strings. So, I should give them another try, but have a hunch they'll still remind me a little of Kevlar, even though I like the way they play.
      You can't verify it by me, but people who seem to be in the know on these things say that the Lux strings are the absolute best for about 2-4 hours, then die and are not special at all. The wisdom is that they are great for the pros who hit them for 7 games then go to a fresh stick. I enjoyed a sensation/Lux big banger original hybrid for the first half of this year (big upgrade from my all sensation set up)
      till I tried the Big Ace to see if it would stay playable longer. It's so soft that you don't even need to hybrid it, and this even makes it more precise!

Big Ace reputation says it is softer and more playable than most of the lux, while not going dead anywhere near as quick and near half the price. All the polys seem to give great spin.

I would put big ace this way. It's like having a multi that is much more precise, durable and gives bigger spin, but slightly less power.
      In 2.5 weeks, I've got 4 sets of dubs and 3 sets of singles on my first set of BA and it played well tonite.
      I really feel the precision and spin allow me to swing away much more.
      Last edited by airforce1; 10-01-2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

try this link http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com...x_big_ace.html hope this helps from racqet stringers

Comment

to get back to the original thread. my teaching pro advocates the neutral stance on the short ball as a way to keep your momentum going foward as you transition to the net

Comment

I would advocate slightly open for short and mid court ball attacks, especially if the contact point is high enough to have options.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 7 members and 3882 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X