I would like recomendations on a ball machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like recomendations on a ball machine

I would like recomendations on a ball machine. Also machines to avoid. Interested to see peoples thoughts on the Playmate Volley machine and any of the Lobster portables. Also recommendations on a ball mower. Thanks

This is an incredible machine--I've been using it for a few years.

The Ace Attack:

Comment

I have a lobster. Here are a few quick thoughts:

I had to return two machines before I got one that wasn't defective. Althought the company was pretty easy to deal with, packing the machines up and returning them was no picnic.

It works better with practice balls (pressureless), which can be tough on the arm and strings.

The capacity isn't all that great. I usually had to refill it about 6 times to get a decent workout.

The side-to-side function on the basic model isn't that great....instead of getting balls at specific spots, they come out randomly as the machine oscillates.

I would NOT recommend the Lobster unless portability is by far the most important factor for you.

Comment

Thanks Rosheem

Many thanks for your letter. Even though Lobster talks about how well built their product is, your response means more to me. Probably on a portable Playmate may be the best.
        John Yandell responded and talked about the Ace Attack which I never heard of but it seems to be a great machine - costs a few more nickels though!!
        Again, thanks. I appreciate the response. Dixie

Comment

Ace Attack

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          This is an incredible machine--I've been using it for a few years.

The Ace Attack:

http://www.sportsattack.com/ace-attack.php
          John: Thanks about your suggestion on the Ace Attack. It does seem to be the best machine out there. I will probably go with something less expensive but it will certainly go on my wish list. Dixie

Comment

I, too, would recommend the Ace Attack Tennis Ball Machine. Fantastic machine!
            The Ace Attack tennis machine throwing head easily raises to serving height delivering left or right handed serves and second serves with authentic high kicks. The Ace Attack is the most versatile Tennis Machine on the market today and ships free at Any Season Sports!

Comment

Originally posted by rosheem View Post
              I have a lobster. Here are a few quick thoughts:

I had to return two machines before I got one that wasn't defective. Althought the company was pretty easy to deal with, packing the machines up and returning them was no picnic.

It works better with practice balls (pressureless), which can be tough on the arm and strings.

The capacity isn't all that great. I usually had to refill it about 6 times to get a decent workout.

The side-to-side function on the basic model isn't that great....instead of getting balls at specific spots, they come out randomly as the machine oscillates.

I would NOT recommend the Lobster unless portability is by far the most important factor for you.
              Never, ever, ever buy a lobster. Most useless piece of crap ever and I was forever having to fix it and patch it up. Bad machine.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8579 users online. 6 members and 8573 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X