Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filming matches

Hey guys,

Im looking to film some matches and was wondering who has experience with that. I have a panasonic Mini DV camcorder and my plan was to hang that behind the player on the back fence. I have seen people do that before but I am not sure if they were using a regular Mini DV camera or if you need a special camera for that ?
    Also where can I buy one of those things to hang it up on the fence with ? Couldnt really find anything online.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

You can use a mini DV camera. As for the hanger check oncourtoffcourt or you might email Lance Luciani at Bollettieri's. You can get his details off the bottom of the strategy zone articles.

Comment

Filming matches

Hi USPTA188...

It would be great if you could share what you find out about hangers. It is an interesting idea

Thanks,

Mikael

Comment

Getting the whole court in shot

Depending on the camera it might not be possible to get the whole court into shot using the standard lens. A wide angle lens should solve this problem.

Regards,
        Colin..

Comment

Filming Matches- Sky Mount

Hi Florian

My name is Mark Winship- I am the co-director of a company that manufactures and produces Sky Mount. Sky Mount represents the facility to which you refer- i.e. a purpose-built device for the tennis industry to which can be attached any standard video capture equipment and suspended, by means of a hook-over system, to the back surround of a tennis court in order to capture arial footage.

Sky Mount is safe, secure, and perfectly portable. By including a standard wide-angled lens to your camera setup you will be able to acquire footage of the entire court to record both players in action.

We anticipate that Sky Mount will be available to order by late March 2009. We also anticipate that the facility to purchase online will also be up and running by this time. I will revisit this post as soon as I have more details- web address etc.

In the meantime, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have and advise on your camera setup in order to achieve optimal performance. For any further details or questions please email me at markwinship@tennismidlands.org.

Best regards

Mark
          T: +44 7918904129
          E: markwinship@tennismidlands.org

Comment

Mark,

Put me down as one of your first customers. Email me when you have product. videotennis@metricmail.com

John Yandell

Comment

SkyMount- Available to Order Online NOW!

Hi All

With reference to my post above, SkyMount is available to purchase online NOW at www.skymount.co.uk.

SkyMount will suspend your digital video device safely and securely from the back fencing surround of any tennis court. No need for ladders, fixtures, or fittings. This represents a unique, exciting, and inexpensive opportunity to capture aerial footage of the whole court and the whole game- just as if you were watching it on TV!

Kind regards

Mark Winship, BSc PCA
              Co-Founder SkyMount
              Director, MW Sports Technologies Limited
              Head Coach, Junior International High Performance, Tennis Midlands
              E: mark@skymount.co.uk

Comment

Nice piece of kit for coaching. I'll have to enquire how much a wide angle lens will be for my camcorder and consider the overall price.

I've spent a fortune on equipment lately: Apple laptop, HD Camcorder that has a slomo feature, various editing software. It all adds up, but I guess it is tax deductable. What's a few more dollars for skymount and a lens.

BTW, it's amazing what Quicktime Pro can actually do. I've learn to superimpose one player over another, and to set up two clips playing side-by-side in one window. Quicktime Pro can do all that other softwares can do for a fraction of the cost. It's a gem for coaches at just 30 dollars.

Comment

QuickTime Question

Originally posted by tcuk View Post
                  Nice piece of kit for coaching. I'll have to enquire how much a wide angle lens will be for my camcorder and consider the overall price.

I've spent a fortune on equipment lately: Apple laptop, HD Camcorder that has a slomo feature, various editing software. It all adds up, but I guess it is tax deductable. What's a few more dollars for skymount and a lens.

BTW, it's amazing what Quicktime Pro can actually do. I've learn to superimpose one player over another, and to set up two clips playing side-by-side in one window. Quicktime Pro can do all that other softwares can do for a fraction of the cost. It's a gem for coaches at just 30 dollars.
                  Stotty, how do you superimpose one player over another in QuickTime? What Camcorder with SloMo did you get?
                  all the best,
                  don

Comment

For Don

Did u see

Comment

Don,

I have the Sanyo Xacti HD1010, which has a feature to film in slow motion. You get a lot for your money with this camcorder. It's packed with features.

To superimpose using QuicktimePro do the following:

1) Open the two movies in QT Player Pro
                      2) Select all in movieA and do Edit/Copy
                      3) Select all in movieB and do Edit/Add to Selection and Scale
                      4) Open Movie Properties in movieB
                      5) Select video track #1 and go into the "Visual Settings" section
                      6) Set "transparency" to "blend", layer to -1 and adjust the "transparency level" slider as desired.
                      7) Play the movie, then tweak parameters to get desired effect
                      8) Save or export the movie

Any problems let me know. I'm only too pleased to help.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7877 users online. 2 members and 7875 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X