Sweet spot questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet spot questions

Is it true that pros in general strike the ball with the upper half of their strings, except when returning serve?

If so, why aren't all frames wider at the upper end, like the Hammer?

I am playing with a Microgel Radical oversize, which has a rounder hoop than most, and it seems better than previous oval Radicals, partly because of it. Could it be that this frame has a bigger sweet spot due to the shape? And, is the sweet spot the same as the center of percussion?

The dye has worn off the string that I'm using with the Luxilon, showing a three-by-three-inch circle at the upper end, extending from the center cross to the next to last upper cross. Does this mean that I should be hitting more to the center all of the time? To do that I'd have to choke up a bit, because hitting off the upper ends of the strings is built into me by now.

Something I like about the poly in this Radical -- if I strike the ball to the sides or short of the center, it gives off an audible tinny alarm, unless I'm using a dampener.

A book to read

Originally posted by ochi View Post
    Is it true that pros in general strike the ball with the upper half of their strings, except when returning serve?

If so, why aren't all frames wider at the upper end, like the Hammer?

I am playing with a Microgel Radical oversize, which has a rounder hoop than most, and it seems better than previous oval Radicals, partly because of it. Could it be that this frame has a bigger sweet spot due to the shape? And, is the sweet spot the same as the center of percussion?

The dye has worn off the string that I'm using with the Luxilon, showing a three-by-three-inch circle at the upper end, extending from the center cross to the next to last upper cross. Does this mean that I should be hitting more to the center all of the time? To do that I'd have to choke up a bit, because hitting off the upper ends of the strings is built into me by now.

Something I like about the poly in this Radical -- if I strike the ball to the sides or short of the center, it gives off an audible tinny alarm, unless I'm using a dampener.
    I would recommend a book-please click

Comment

Thanks, I'll order a copy. Would like to know your thoughts, too, and that of others in this forum.

Comment

A size of sweetspot

see

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7811 users online. 4 members and 7807 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X