players spine angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• players spine angle

next time you watch a recreational player hit a high ball , low ball combination , take a look at their spine angle, see if there is a difference. I believe and i teach that the spine angle of a player needs to be consistent and at approx 45 degrees. Now look at the pro's on tour and see if you can distinguish a difference in their natural spine angle. Agassi i believe has a natural spine angle, he has a simple stroke with a consistent spine angle . i wonder if many coaches actually teach a student the proper spine angle position as it relates to different shots. eg., low ball volley or slice low ball approach, as opposed to a high ball volley or high drive . I believe there's not enough attention focused on a players spine angle when striking a tennis ball. what do you think? if anyone reading this article does coach a player on the angle of thier spine and how it affects their shots please let me know. thanks

I believe that a players spine angle is relevant in every sport.....from the short stop in baseball to the linesman in football , to the goilfer hitting a putt. Even a diver in swimming has a natural positon before he drives off the board. what are your thoughts.

Timmy Tennis
    USPTA/USPTR
    Last edited by timmytennis; 01-13-2009, 06:45 PM. Reason: definition of spine angle

Originally posted by timmytennis View Post
    next time you watch a recreational player hit a high ball , low ball combination , take a look at their spine angle, see if there is a difference. Now look at the pro's on tour and see if you can distinguish a difference in their natural spine angle. Agassi i believe has a natural spine angle, he has a simple stroke with a consistent spine angle . i wonder if many coaches actually teach a student the proper spine angle position as it relates to different shots. eg., low ball volley or slice low ball approach, as opposed to a high ball volley or high drive . I believe there's not enough attention focused on a players spine angle when striking a tennis ball. what do you think? if anyone reading this article does coach a player on the angle of thier spine and how it affects their shots please let me know. thanks

I believe that a players spine angle is relevant in every sport.....from the short stop in baseball to the linesman in football , to the goilfer hitting a putt. Even a diver in swimming has a natural positon before he drives off the board. what are your thoughts.
    Timmy Tennis
    USPTA/USPTR
    Can you define spine angle for us?
    I do coach them not to round the back or slump in certain situations. Is that what you mean by spine angle?

Comment

definition of spine angle

the definition of spine angle or the natural spine angle of a player is 45 degrees.

Comment

45 degree to what line?? Most of the players are playing most shots with quite upright posture. Is that what you mean? Find some examples in the Stroke Archive and copy and paste the urls in the Forum.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2506 users online. 5 members and 2501 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X