Myth of the Toss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth of the Toss

Having introduced a glitch into my serving, I consulted your "Myth of the Toss" for answers, and identified it, plus a couple more. And then I sent copies to two of my doubles buddies. One replied, positively, "Wow, that's a lot of shit about the toss!" The other said, "This is quite a revelation. Thanks for sending us the article."

Thought you'd like the feedback, John. Now get back to work on the February issue.

Yes, started at 5am west coast time with the Tennis Channel coverage. Closing in on a 16 hour day...but if you thought the myth of the toss was heavy you may not be ready for backswing part 2...when and if I ever finish it...

Comment

ochi for me reading all the myth articles by john were a revelation and opened my eyes to so many issues regarding tennis technique and teachings. thats when i became follower of johns. i knew you could trust what he wrote because he backed it up with proof. a picture is worth a thousand words . however john hepls you see what you may miss in the picture if you did not view it with his guidance.

Comment

Oh, everybody wants a rainbow toss nowadays and for good reason. The tyranny comes, though, when instructors reject the early turn option in which backward UBR occurs before the toss.

Nobody has to do that, and countless great players don't, but it does give the baseball like pitching motion feel that Jack Kramer and Vic Braden like.

Personally, I'm emulating the John McEnroe toss (he does turn back a lot first). He starts up with palm vertical, turns the ball-supporting edge horizontal at release and immediately verticalizes again.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2783 users online. 6 members and 2777 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X