Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the Passings Shots and the pourcentage game- situations -change direction,surface ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Passings Shots and the pourcentage game- situations -change direction,surface ?

dear John

we know that tennis is a pourcentage game and strategy , so when come to analysis the passing shots situations and pourcentage of success of Top Players have yu find some common things depending the surface or the sitations? or even the score ?

exemple why they choose to pass in 2 times or direct winner ? is t depending on differents factors
    - the surface ?
    - the oponent net skills?
    - if they have time to set up the stance? no time but manage to hit and recover quick to play the next ball or completey on run and no possiblity to recover ?

what about also the change of Direction ? why they change or not the direction on the passing ? is it depending on a surface again or quality of the attaque or set up stance or depending the score - take more risk or not ?

and do you think they train and play or follow a Guide Line or a system for playing passing shots on pressure ? i think lot of junior have no clue how hit passing shots , most of them just think as hard as they can , with no tactic or planning strategy
    what do you think ?
    cheers
    Yves

Haven't made a systematic study at all, but it's an excellent question. One thing we will be adding in the future is point sequence clips. Maybe then you or someone else can take a look.

One point for sure is that if the pass bounces at the service line it's probably past the player so accuracy is probably more important than raw velocity.

Comment

One more point for all. If you guys have questions for me, better to post them in that specific section. I don't always read everything in the forum and so might miss something directed to me.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3389 users online. 5 members and 3384 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X