• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Mitchell- Personality and Playing Style

Kerry Mitchell
    Personality and Playing Style

What an excellent article.
    It covers a lot of ground, so I'm sure people will find something to differ on,
    but I found it to be on the money on first read.
    I've felt that Nadal and Fed where all style players,
    BUT that each was firmly grounded in defense first.
    That is even clearer with Nadal.

They always say that defense wins championships,
    and these two guys are some evidence of that.

Thanks airforce1 for reading my article. I appreciate the feedback.
    It is true both Nadal and Federer are great defensive players, but Federer has always had a more aggressive personality and along with that great defensive skill has taken him to extreme heights. Nadal is now finding that a little more aggressive play goes along way in winning more matches. Both have achieved this melting process of the two types of personality that I spoke of in the article, the only difference is that it has taken Nadal (remember he is 5 years younger than Fed) a little longer to achieve it

Comment

Originally posted by kerrymitchell View Post
      Thanks airforce1 for reading my article. I appreciate the feedback.
      It is true both Nadal and Federer are great defensive players, but Federer has always had a more aggressive personality and along with that great defensive skill has taken him to extreme heights. Nadal is now finding that a little more aggressive play goes along way in winning more matches. Both have achieved this melting process of the two types of personality that I spoke of in the article, the only difference is that it has taken Nadal (remember he is 5 years younger than Fed) a little longer to achieve it
      Oh yes, Fed is very aggressive when he can be.

But I often remember a Wimbledon match where Roddick was dictating everything (I think it was a final), almost all match.
      Blasting big serves and FHs right and left. I think 2 tiebreakers that day. For me, Fed was mostly defense that day, but always attacked at the slightest opening. Roddick was at his best.

That day just always reminds me of how good his defense can be.
      Seems like Fed won in straights 7-6, 7-6, 6-?, as he finally broke him down.
      Roddick may have gotten one set in there, but I don't think so.
      Last edited by airforce1; 03-18-2009, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4021 users online. 4 members and 4017 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X