Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d30 and a new racket of Djokovic

Please click
    http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=241950.
    Any comments/observations?
    d30 is a name of technology "sitting behind" a new Djokovic's racket

julian mielniczuk
    Bedford,MA
    uspta pro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net
    Last edited by uspta146749877; 08-06-2009, 04:52 PM.

A young instructor who is fairly highly ranked nationally in open singles showed me his new Radical the other day. He said liked it a lot, because of how this strange new material responds to impact -- that is, he said, it stays soft for touch shots and becomes much stiffer for hard-hit shots. Which led me to say, "Let me know if it causes you tennis elbow after a few weeks." I really wonder about that. Is it like playing with an original carbon Prince MP when it stiffens?

I also wonder how this innovation will affect one's game. Is it like having a different racquet, or string job, on almost every shot? That would drive me nuts. I introduce too many variables as it is.

And, considering how very little time a ball is on the strings -- a small fraction of a second -- does the hoop really stiffen in time to affect the strike?

I should try one and find out. Anyone who has, please comment.
    Last edited by ochi; 05-17-2009, 04:11 PM. Reason: added a few words

Comment

For Mr Ochi

Originally posted by ochi View Post
      A young instructor who is fairly highly ranked nationally in open singles showed me his new Radical the other day. He said liked it a lot, because of how this strange new material responds to impact -- that is, he said, it stays soft for touch shots and becomes much stiffer for hard-hit shots. Which led me to say, "Let me know if it causes you tennis elbow after a few weeks." I really wonder about that. Is it like playing with an original carbon Prince MP when it stiffens?

I also wonder how this innovation will affect one's game. Is it like having a different racquet, or string job, on almost every shot? That would drive me nuts. I introduce too many variables as it is.

And, considering how very little time a ball is on the strings -- a small fraction of a second -- does the hoop really stiffen in time to affect the strike?

I should try one and find out. Anyone who has, please comment.
      Did u try a racket?
      julian mielniczuk
      Bedford,MA
      uspta pro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net
      Last edited by uspta146749877; 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

the Head rep came and gave a demo at the school and tried the racket.. it wasn't anything special .. the head was more rounded and it didn't have that solid feel like the K-blade hit... I felt too much of the trampoline effect.. maybe it needed to be "lead up" for me.. the grip was a bit more hexagon round than the usual rectangular shape,more like the Prince POG type of rounded grip.. but the way the rep describe the new material sounded too good to be true.. it supposed to stiffen up when a ball is hit hard and soften up when the ball is hit soft.. or vis-versa,I couldn't feel any of that marketing stuff.. the paint job looks nice in a different white and simple graphics .. I heard that the small amount of the new material they put into the racket will really have no dramatic effect on the performance,it's merely a marketing sell.. i guess I have to try it again and "lead" it up and string it with some high end poly to really see if it all works...

Comment

Head youtek radical midplus

Originally posted by kmoranon View Post
          the Head rep came and gave a demo at the school and tried the racket.. it wasn't anything special .. the head was more rounded and it didn't have that solid feel like the K-blade hit... I felt too much of the trampoline effect.. maybe it needed to be "lead up" for me.. the grip was a bit more hexagon round than the usual rectangular shape,more like the Prince POG type of rounded grip.. but the way the rep describe the new material sounded too good to be true.. it supposed to stiffen up when a ball is hit hard and soften up when the ball is hit soft.. or vis-versa,I couldn't feel any of that marketing stuff.. the paint job looks nice in a different white and simple graphics .. I heard that the small amount of the new material they put into the racket will really have no dramatic effect on the performance,it's merely a marketing sell.. i guess I have to try it again and "lead" it up and string it with some high end poly to really see if it all works...
          Hi,
          I am NOT sure which of Youtek rackets you demoed.
          Please let me know.
          I am guessing that you had a demo
          of a HEAD YOUTEK Speed Pro racket

I have a demo of Head Youtek Radical Midplus

The paint job for this one is red and black.
          I have thought that it could be of interest to my students because of a moderate weight-11 oz.
          I did NOT like strings of my demo-I am NOT sure whether they were
          provided originally by Head or by a shop from Cambridge,MA I got a demo
          from

Please see as well

(Is it possible to check
          a stiffness number for Head YOUTEK Radical Midplus Racquet
          It is 59 - I have used a demo yesterday and feel is different)
          and

and

If E-mail is a better medium to communicate my E-mail address
          is provided below.
          Regards,

julian mielniczuk
          Bedford,MA
          uspta pro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net
          Last edited by uspta146749877; 07-29-2009, 07:35 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

For Mr kmoranon

Originally posted by kmoranon View Post
            A demo of Head Youtek Radical Midplus has the same shape of a grip
            your demo has.

julian mielniczuk
            Bedford,MA
            uspta pro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net

Comment

Which string pattern?

For Mr.Kmoranon
              Did you demo 16 X19 or 18:20 ?

julian mielniczuk
              Bedford,MA
              uspta pro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net
              Last edited by uspta146749877; 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Any new feedback about testing Head Youtek rackets?

Any new feedback about testing Youtek rackets?

julian mielniczuk
                Bedford,MA
                uspta pro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net

Comment

I hit with the Speed Pro two times, for about 45 minutes each.

This was the 98sq inch, 16x19 Speed Pro, with the lollipop shaped head. The beam is 18mm.

The stick has great plow-through. The backhand slice was excellent. Really stayed low and skidded, even on har-tru. The weight is greater than what I'm used to (12.3 oz unstrung vs. 11.2 oz on my Liquid Metal Radical MP). Speed Pro has more power than the LM Rad MP, primarily, I think, from added weight. Adds a bit of kick on topspin drives relative to LM also, perhaps because of weight and more open string pattern. The feeling was very crisp, but smooth. Great feel.

I normally play w/ Luxilon Timo (18gauge) strings. The demo I used had a black nylon, 16 gauge so some of the xtra power may have been relative to the stiffer, deader strings I prefer to use.

This is a racquet I could see switching to, but it would take me time to adjust to it relative to my LM MP.

On groundies I was missing long with this stick, but nothing that could not be adjusted to.

On volleys it felt great. Better than the LM MP.

On serve, if I really got the racquet head moving, I was rewarded with good pace and spin, but accelerating the racquet head through the service motion did take a bit longer to get going. And at times I did have just a bit of trouble getting the racquet head going...in which cases I paid for it w/ sub-par pace.

Service returns was where I suffered. I'm used to the lighter LM MP (1.1 oz lighter) w/ poly strings and 18x20 string pattern. So, the heavier, livelier, Speed Pro was a bit slow in getting going, and a bit too powerful for me in early use to return pace-y serves with. But, again, not something that couldn't be gotten used to, esp. w/ poly strings.

I'm not sure if this racquet is perfect for me, but it felt like an admirably good stick. And if you like a 12oz+ racquet, I'd definitely give it a hit.

Comment

For Oliensis

Originally posted by oliensis View Post
                    I hit with the Speed Pro two times, for about 45 minutes each.

This was the 98sq inch, 16x19 Speed Pro, with the lollipop shaped head. The beam is 18mm.

The stick has great plow-through. The backhand slice was excellent. Really stayed low and skidded, even on har-tru. The weight is greater than what I'm used to (12.3 oz unstrung vs. 11.2 oz on my Liquid Metal Radical MP). Speed Pro has more power than the LM Rad MP, primarily, I think, from added weight. Adds a bit of kick on topspin drives relative to LM also, perhaps because of weight and more open string pattern. The feeling was very crisp, but smooth. Great feel.

I normally play w/ Luxilon Timo (18gauge) strings. The demo I used had a black nylon, 16 gauge so some of the xtra power may have been relative to the stiffer, deader strings I prefer to use.

This is a racquet I could see switching to, but it would take me time to adjust to it relative to my LM MP.

On groundies I was missing long with this stick, but nothing that could not be adjusted to.

On volleys it felt great. Better than the LM MP.

On serve, if I really got the racquet head moving, I was rewarded with good pace and spin, but accelerating the racquet head through the service motion did take a bit longer to get going. And at times I did have just a bit of trouble getting the racquet head going...in which cases I paid for it w/ sub-par pace.

Service returns was where I suffered. I'm used to the lighter LM MP (1.1 oz lighter) w/ poly strings and 18x20 string pattern. So, the heavier, livelier, Speed Pro was a bit slow in getting going, and a bit too powerful for me in early use to return pace-y serves with. But, again, not something that couldn't be gotten used to, esp. w/ poly strings.

I'm not sure if this racquet is perfect for me, but it felt like an admirably good stick. And if you like a 12oz+ racquet, I'd definitely give it a hit.
                    Please see main menu for my thread about Head Youtek rackets

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9914 users online. 7 members and 9907 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X