Advanced Tennis Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Tennis Articles

Your recent articles have been very insightful, especially on the modern forehand and the idiosyncracies of the backswing. I am pretty accomplished on the court with all level players, and I thought I understood a tennis swing as well as anyone, but your latest straight elbow hitting arm video analysis helped me understand where to insert and whether to consider changing a swing from the double bend for various shots, such as the inside out forehand.

I have a couple 6.0 players (I coached them from beginners), one who we copied the straight arm from video analysis a few years ago and one who kept the double bend, both who I think I could have developed even further or faster if I had known a few things you pointed out in your article. Your visual tennis book was the first time I thought of modern tennis and led me to finally switch to Modern Tennis Methodology totally after your advanced tennis project videos came out and proved conventional teaching was full of myths. We need more movement in that area, especially at the grassroots, but I really admire how you kept it simple in your backswing analysis and I agree with your findings very much. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the great feedback. I speak all over the country at teaching pro conventions and the level of discussion and response is tremendous. One of the problems though is the guys that are just out there hitting balls for $50 to $75 an hour, mouthing platitudes, but without the desire to improve their level of knowledge or understanding. That is gradually changing because of the info revolution and computer universal usage with the next generations.

Even Robert Lansdorp now has his own computer now--although he calls me at night and says things I can't print in the Forum about it...still he's learning.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7691 users online. 9 members and 7682 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X