Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lansdorp One-Handed Backhand

[IMG]
    http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/famouscoach/robert_lansdorp/lansdorp_one_hand_backhand_images/Grip.2.jpg[/IMG]

Can someone explain this grip please? Are all the knuckles supposed to be on bevel 2? How best can I visualize this grip?

Anybody out there? By the way, I messed up my post a bit with the second picture...but I can't seem to edit it. That's odd.

Comment

The index knuckle is on Bevel 2 and the heel pad is mostly on Bevel 1. It is a bit weaker than what I think Pete really used later in his career, but probably the exact right grip to learn. Of course I'm biased in that this is what I would teach as well...

Comment

Do you find that it's easier for players to learn the two-hander rather than the one-hander? If so, why?

Comment

The dinstinction is too simple. The kids--for the most part two-handers are easier, for obvious reasons. Adults? Most adult males will do way better with the one-hander. Women the two hander. But there are always exceptions. Read the post about the 7 year old with one-hander. You can't make rules--it's always a matter of experience.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8087 users online. 0 members and 8087 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X