Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Robert Lansdorp Christopher Walken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Robert Lansdorp Christopher Walken?

Why is Robert Lansdorp Christopher Walken? You know his accent, the way he licks his lips and kind of looks around when he talks and even the angle of his head. I'm not imagining this.

But to make this a tennis forum post I have to say that I've only seen a couple of his vids but I liked them. He's certainly not afraid to speak his mind. Dunno if I'd want him for a coach though, it'd probably be a bit intense for my liking.

Oh and this is a great website. I could care less what day of the month the new issues come out, like someone else said, there's enough content on here to explore in the meantime. I'm glad it's not run like some machine like most magazines that people are used to.

I'll pass the comparison on to Robert, which I think will amuse him since he does consider part of his job to be a great actor at times...

Robert intense? What could you mean by that? I did see him give a woman of a certain age 20 at the baseline once, and as I recall, she may have had to take a moment to regurgitate something...but came back for more...

And thanks for the vote of confidence on the site. It's handmade with love so we put that ahead of hard deadlines.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 05-20-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I'd like to ask Robert where he is with the player development situation with the USTA?

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
        I'll pass the comparison on to Robert, which I think will amuse him since he does consider part of his job to be a great actor at times...
        That's awesome.

Comment

When I was in junior tennis exactly what Mr. Lansdorp said applied to my situation. The drills and group activities were ok but it was the feeling I got from my coach in the private lessons that kind of motivated me. That was the only place where my strokes could be improved because of the attention and the number balls focused on that one thing that was wrong.

Comment

I have followed Robert Lansdorp's work on the forehand through all the articles. I understand that he now considers the downward finish to be important in the pro game and that it gives more spin.

My question would be when he still thinks players should develop the out front finish as in the video clip of Pete Sampras as a young player?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8022 users online. 5 members and 8017 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X