All Court Tennis articles by Brent Abel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Court Tennis articles by Brent Abel

"Since that article I have had an experience that may have topped that: winning a second gold ball, this time a national singles title at the 60's Hardcourts in Rancho Mirage, California".
    >>>>>>

That is just *so* cool, especially coming so soon after writing an article for us! I also find it particularly cool since you beat my tennis hero, Hugh Thomson, in the final. My sense is that your playing styles are *very* similar, and I'll bet it would have been a great match to have watched.

I look forward to more of your articles, especially since my wrist has caused me to have to re-learn the game with your kinds of grips and many types of slices off both sides.

Kevin
    Savannah

I'll forward this to Brent--and he's actually gonna tell the story of the tournament in a future article.

Comment

Hi Kevin and thanks for your reply.

Just like you, Hugh is also one of my heroes. Definitively a player I try to emulate not only with his strokes but with the way he competes.

Hugh Thomson is one of the really great guys out there on the senior tour.

He's allowed me to pick his brain over the past couple of years where some top players wouldn't even let me in the discussion. He's a great guy and you could not have picked a better player to follow.

Brent

Comment

Hugh

Fascinating. I'm off to practice my volleys from no-man's-land in his honor.

Kevin

Originally posted by brentabel View Post

Just like you, Hugh is also one of my heroes. Definitively a player I try to emulate not only with his strokes but with the way he competes.

He's allowed me to pick his brain over the past couple of years where some top players wouldn't even let me in the discussion. He's a great guy and you could not have picked a better player to follow.

Brent

Comment

Originally posted by brentabel View Post

Brent
          Do you have video of the match?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2986 users online. 11 members and 2975 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X