Big Babe tennis, lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Babe tennis, lol

Anybody else want to jump off a bridge listening to Mary C talking about big babe tennis?

Is she the one who coined that awful phrase?

You know I've gotten to know Mary off camera and she is surprisingly interested in and informed on coaching technique etc. We did a video together for Nike and she was great.

BUT why does she laugh continually at her own jokes? Maybe being a commentator just makes you crazy. Yeah she's the only one using that term and there is a reason...

Comment

Big Babe Tennis, lol

Good observation. I didn't know what to do first when I saw that "technically speaking" segment, either grab the nearest garbage can and regurgitate into it, or stick my head in a meat grinder! Holy Cow. ESPN should Hire John Yandell to perform those segments.

Comment

Queen of the obvious

Mary Quotes
        "It's hot out there and so the players are sweating a lot."

"If that racket was bigger, she might hit the ball more often."

"Those shoes are better for moving on clay, so that's why he is moving better."

"He's hitting the serve extremely hard and the returner is having trouble because of it."

it is almost painful to listen to this woman. She may be great in person, but her comments are like a cheese grater on the ears.

CC

Comment

It's a rarified environment in which the sound of one's voice becomes a drug--unfortunately only to one's self.

My prayer which will be unanswered is for BBC style across the board...

Comment

I like her exuberance, but she yaks over a lot of points, almost as much as the smarmy Dick Enberg does. His worst, a while back, was discussing Wagner's operas, and where they were performed. Perhaps they think the show is as much about them as it is the players.

While I'm at it -- why do the stations, especially Tennis Chanel -- hire guys who can't do much more than recite the score when it's right there, on the screen? Or tell us that a shot just went wide or long. There must be a thousand former touring pros and club instructors who could do much better, for less pay.

Comment

I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the sport that I love. When watching matches and having certain commentators state the obvious, or talk to hear themselves talk, is incredibly aggravating. How about putting duct tape over their mouths and being able to listen to some of the most soothing, hypnotic and the purest, most beautiful sounds in athletics today. The thump of the ball off the strings, the squeaky, shuffling adjustment steps, and the other numerous subtleties that we love.

However, I do agree with ochi in the fact that many teaching professionals could do a great job at the commentary and perhaps share their passion with others for the sport.

Comment

I know everyone doesn't enjoy Johnny Mac like I do,
                but I love his effort to call a match in a way that speaks to the rookies and the instructors.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3643 users online. 12 members and 3631 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X