X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love It

Dear Mr Yandell:

I love your site!

I love that you go into the forehand stroke in such great depth.

I hope that in the future you will give the backhand equal attention, especially the one-handed backhand, both topspin and slice.

I would love to understand how Nicolas Almagro of Spain could generate such pace off his backhand while defeating Safin last night in Rome, for example; or, more importantly, to hear if Federer's use of the backhand represents an evolutionary advance of the stroke as you pointed out his forehand does. My pro tells me that Tennis One videos show that there is a point in the one-handed topspin backhand, at the start of the foreward swing, when the racket face is parallel to the back fence, and that all the players do this. I am curious as to whether this is a crucial commonality to the stroke among the top pros.

I also am very grateful that you allow the articlea to be printed, so I can read them in bed or an easy chair, although they are best appreciated on the Internet with the videos.

Your site is also a wonderful indirect advertisement for Advancedtennis.com: after studying it, I purchased the 14 videos from that site.

Jcraiss

Great feedback! We really like to hear it!

Yes, (eventually) we will get around the world with all the strokes analyzing the high speed footage. I'd like to think the Federer articles flowed out as if I just dashed them off in a piece, but actually it was a few hundred hours of analysis...

Your pro is quite perceptive and correct--the question is whether that position is a cause or an effect and what happens if you try to copy it...not sure yet what I think the answer to that is either.

The printing thing is great. Personally I just like the green and yellow logo colors look on paper... by the way the DVDs are on the way!

Comment

Three Cubed

The best communication in English occurs through indirection, not haranguing
      straight talk, which tends toward "sincere" duplicity and numbness of mind.
      English and tennis may have deeply embedded indirection in common. Every Eastern grip player should be able to find several or more startlingly useful items in your package of observation about the three-to-the-third (27) Federer forehands. Personally, I like tennis articles like this over the ones that say, "Do this. And this. And this." What's subtle can often shake something loose, so that the reader/player can revisit earlier prescriptions and maybe have them mean more (or less). Failing that, he can, like Roger,
      eat cornflakes for breakfast.

Comment

You got it it was three to the third; hitting arms, hand and arm rotation, shoulder rotation. Not sure where the cornflakes fit in but we are investigating--nice to see someone read those articles from Indian Wells!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8103 users online. 3 members and 8100 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X