Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know the answer to two questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know the answer to two questions?

1. What was Borg's career win/loss record on clay?

2. Why did Borg not play the French Open in 1977? Was it due to injury or team tennis?

I need the answer for an article I'm writing. Any help will be much appreciated, but only answer if your dead certain of the truth.

Originally posted by tcuk View Post
    1. What was Borg's career win/loss record on clay?

2. Why did Borg not play the French Open in 1977? Was it due to injury or team tennis?

I need the answer for an article I'm writing. Any help will be much appreciated, but only answer if your dead certain of the truth.
    Don't know what happened in 77. In 76, he lost to Panatta in quarters.

ATP website for clay record:
    Official profiles of the players on the ATP Tour. Featuring bios, stats, videos, news and photos from the players in men's professional tennis.

Surface - Wins - Losses - Titles
    Clay 245 39 30
    Grass 61 11 6
    Hard 117 37 5
    Carpet 176 37 22
    don

Comment

Thanks for the ATP resource! I know he lost to Panatta in '76.

'77 is as yet a mystery. I think he may have been contracted to play Team Tennis but can't be sure. Shame if that was the case because he would probably have won that year.

If anyone can answer for sure, please let me know.

Comment

Borg in WTT

Originally posted by tcuk View Post
        Thanks for the ATP resource! I know he lost to Panatta in '76.

'77 is as yet a mystery. I think he may have been contracted to play Team Tennis but can't be sure. Shame if that was the case because he would probably have won that year.

If anyone can answer for sure, please let me know.
        Go to WTT site and look at download of media guide. Borg was Rookie of the Year for WTT in 1977

Comment

Thanks for the WTT link too. I've emailed them and they are getting back to me with the information I want.

Re. The clay court stats: Over a five year period 76 to 81 Borg supposedly only lost 3 matches on clay (out of around 100 matches). And one of those he was a set and 4-1 up against Elliot Telcher where rtd. injured. Still have to back these clay court stats up, but they are looking like the truth so far.

Comment

For those interested, Borg had to skip the 1977 French Open because he was contracted to play WTT. Shame, that would have been another Roland Garos title under his belt!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8003 users online. 7 members and 7996 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X