Dull U.S. Open Series so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dull U.S. Open Series so far

We're halfway through the first week of August and most of the top 10 men's singles players seem to have vanished. What goes? I thought they were overworked, never got any time off, except December. Yes, Nadal is recovering from tendonitis, and Davydenko has been getting back ranking points, in Europe, but the U.S. Open Series has seemed like an extension of the Challengers. At last, however, Roddick, DelPotro, Tsonga, Gonzalez and lesser players are competing in hot, humid Washington this week.

By the way, Mary Carillo has been restraining herself. I hope it lasts. I like her, a lot, as long as she doesn't talk so much I'm forced to turn the sound way down. Perhaps someone gave her a printout of the criticisms on Tennisplayer.net.

Youtek rackets

I put a post about Youtek rackets for u
    Did u see it?

julian mielniczuk
    usptapro 27873

juliantennis@comcast.net
    Last edited by uspta146749877; 08-05-2009, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Yes, saw it. Haven't tried one yet, but intend to when an instructor I know gets back from his summer gig. He loves his new Radical.

Also, what are your thoughts regarding small-head racquets, smaller sweet spot, thinner hoops? Great players have used them. Sampras and Courier come to mind first. Much greater control with bigger swings?

Long time ago, I was given several Head Edges by a 4.5 who had switched to the Wilson Pro Staff. My game improved immediately. Eventually, I was lured to the succession of Head MP Radicals. I am going to have an Edge restrung and see what happens. I know, it will see weird at first, and maybe I'll think I wasted $30 on the stringing, but I intend to give it a few hours, see how it goes.

Comment

There are two kinds of Youtek Radicals

There are two kinds of Youtek Radicals.
        They differ by a string pattern.

julian mielniczuk
        usptapro 27873
        Courtside Tennis Club,Ma,Bedford

juliantennis@comcast.net
        Last edited by uspta146749877; 08-05-2009, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8057 users online. 5 members and 8052 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X