First impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impressions

This site is great. I does exactly what i want it to do. I have four young children and obviously have to work. My hobby over the last few years has been tennis. I cannot do drills for 4 hours every day. I cannot spend loads of time on court away from home and i cannot justify spending inordinate amounts of money on coaching.

But I do play my league matches at my club. By logging on to this site i can have a lesson at my desk. I can look at pro strokes and practice visualisation techniques. I can maximize my learning in the limited time i have available for my love of tennis.

I initially thought it was expensive but now i think it is good value. This was due to my membership of TennisOne. This site seems to have a much more solid foundation than TennisOne. There is less quantity here but the quality seems superior.

The forum falls behind tennis-warehouse as it is not free and as such will never receive such a large audience which is a shame. Could the forum not be open to anyone with the benefit of encouraging membership? I don't mind because i can still look at tennis-warehouse

I hope the site is a great success. Perfect for me in my situation. I really hope quality is not reduced.

I could easily spend more on books but they do not come close to the visual learning available on this site. In my situation i would like clever ideas of how to practice things in the garden without a court such as ball toss. I should be able to absolutely master this. If i could be told how.

dizzy,

Fantastic the way you have grasped exactly the design and purpose of the site! It's really great when someone gets it so well--makes me think we really did do it right.

Thanks also for your thought regarding value versus TennisONE as well. In terms of the movies we actually have over 10,000. They are claiming 750 although I don't know why as I know they have 2,000 or so. It may not be overly pertinent since you've already said such nice things, but just to set the record we also are ahead of them when it comes to full length major instructional pieces. If you go too deep in their archive it gets embarassing after awhile...

Also quite interesting what you wrote regarding the Forum. We are working on the technicalities of it, but probably will be going to exactly that model sometime later in the year. I like the very high level comments we are getting but also think a more open door would benefit the discussion and the site.

Regarding non-court work. One of the long term goals I have is to devise exactly that--a series of off court visualization training drills for every aspect of the game. In all honest, though with all the research and new stroke info we are going to be bringing out it could be a year away--console yourself that you are ahead of your time...

Thanks for writing--made my Friday evening. Wish I had a garden.

John Yandell

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7678 users online. 5 members and 7673 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X