• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that does help greatly - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by carrerakent View Post
      julian,

please no. you aren't really suggesting any copy of roddick on a ground stroke?
      there are such better examples where the hip alignment utilizes a more optimal transfer of energy. and why more open stance? that just creates less power and less consistency. and don, the weight staying back will produce more power as well is used properly. transitioning to the front leg during the stroke, especially if it happens too early will change a shift in the power transfer and also even the shoulders out or tilt forward. people think that gives thrust through the ball, but it actually causes the rotational axis to get "off axis" and limit power/racket head speed.

chow
      Ck,

No, not necessarily promoting Roddick as a model. I asked for the video, so one could note how the hip turn and beginning of torso rotation, help facilitate the external rotation of the upper arm and forearm,, i.e the setting up of the hitting arm structure.

I don't think either student is turning their hips soon enough. My feeling is that if hip and torso rotation are intiated earlier, the upper arm and forearm would start rotating externally earlier, and set the hitting arm structure sooner. I think the Roddick video is a good example. The hips and torso are starting to fire even while the racquet is in the downswing. Slow click on the video and notice how the rotation coresponds with the supination of the foerarm, and the setting of the hitting arm structure. Anyway, that's what I see.
      Last edited by 10splayer; 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8848 users online. 4 members and 8844 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X