Please help me decide what racket to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me decide what racket to get

I started playing tennis this year (actually i played before but nothing serious), but i play it around 6 days a week, i really enjoy it. So far i have been playing with "Djokovic" Head youtek speedMP (315g unstrug(when strung+grip its 340g),690mm lenght, head size 645mm, balance 310mm, beam 20mm, string pattern 16/19 and I strung it around 26-27kg).

I am kinda small guy, height 177cm and weight 73kg. I feal like I dont have a control over the racket, I think (but iam not sure) its not the weight, but the racket seems like its too long and hard to control...or am i just imagening things? Since demoing the racket is imposiblle in my small country (Serbia), I tought you guys could help me decide what kind of racket would be good for me?

Still no replys?

Just wanted to add that I always practice and compeet on clay courts.

Comment

Choosing a racket is an individual's choice. It's impossible to recommend an ideal racket for someone - even coaches can't do this.

I will say one thing, however. There are very few bad rackets these days. Pay a hundred euros plus and you are bound to get a good racket.

Why not try out rackets? The ones your friends use, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by tcuk View Post
        Choosing a racket is an individual's choice. It's impossible to recommend an ideal racket for someone - even coaches can't do this.

I will say one thing, however. There are very few bad rackets these days. Pay a hundred euros plus and you are bound to get a good racket.

Why not try out rackets? The ones your friends use, for example.
        All my friends use very light rackets, my is the heaviest (340g strung with overgrip), and somehow when I use lighter racket I win cheap points with swings that look funny and would never work on higher level tennis.
        When I use my (heavy) racket, I just need to execute everything right, it forces me to use my legs and the rest of the body wich I think is the key.

Could you tell me wich is the most popular racket on tours or something like that? I dont really know what suit me, I like playing from the base line, hitting top spin strokes left and right, and then run to the net to finish the point if needed.

Comment

If the speed mid-plus feels too long, it may be too heavy...it's 335grams strung, so add 5 grams for the overgrip, and there's your 340...
          Might try the youtek radical midplus

312 grams strung.

Both are solid racquets that should suit your style. But the radical has a bit more power and is a bit lighter. Radical is 2 pts head light, speed is 7 pts head light, so a big chunk of the added weight in the speed is below the balance point.
          Radical has 21.5MM beam. Speed has 20, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by oliensis View Post
            If the speed mid-plus feels too long, it may be too heavy...it's 335grams strung, so add 5 grams for the overgrip, and there's your 340...
            Might try the youtek radical midplus

312 grams strung.

Both are solid racquets that should suit your style. But the radical has a bit more power and is a bit lighter. Radical is 2 pts head light, speed is 7 pts head light, so a big chunk of the added weight in the speed is below the balance point.
            Radical has 21.5MM beam. Speed has 20, I believe.
            I actually did play a bit with radical, but I think radical has less power, not more. Its less stiff and it has smaller head. Racket fealt a bit light, though I cant say much cuz i played only for like 30 minutes.
            Not sure what I'm gonna do...

Comment

Tennis demoes for Europe by Tennis Warehouse

please read post #11

Comment

Originally posted by nikae View Post
                I actually did play a bit with radical, but I think radical has less power, not more. Its less stiff and it has smaller head. Racket fealt a bit light, though I cant say much cuz i played only for like 30 minutes.
                Not sure what I'm gonna do...
                You have a great racket already.

But if you need another, try the oversize radical.

Comment

good racquet

That is a great racquet you have picked. Often you just need to play with a racquet for a while. f you hold your hand 1 cm. higher on the handle you should feel like you have a little more control on all of your shots.
                  Good luck trying this out.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7794 users online. 4 members and 7790 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X