Serve: The "back scratch" position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serve: The "back scratch" position

I noticed some players come to "back scratch" position slowly, and then burst upward to the ball, heres the best example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kpel...om=PL&index=16

whille majority of other pro players go through that position much faster.

So my question is, should I as a biginner do it more slowly like the girl is doing
    in the link i posted (though her serve mechanics dosent look great)?

There is no back scratch. That's the first point to consider. Read the serve articles on Sampras in tour Strokes or Roddick and Federer in Advanced Tennis.

Timing of the pro racket drop will vary with your technical motion and natural rhythm so post a video of yourself and it would be possible to address that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucindahes
      I wonder if anybody has heard of the brand-new LAWesome coin? (the site is not up yet) It is due to be brought out very soon. Purportedly, it is a cryptocurrency that is being supported by the legal and financial industry and a lot of law firms will be behind it. I am incredibly keen to collect a couple of coins during the air drop and probably purchase some in the course of the ICO. Having said that, there are not many specifics on this coin as of yet and I am striving to get a head start. Would be grateful if anyone could share some intel with me. Many thanks
      Sure, glad to share some intel: This is a tennis site. Do you understand that?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2693 users online. 5 members and 2688 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X