Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For iiii

Any update about the Bailey method?

not yet i havent received it yet and emailed them today. will keep you posted. i mam particularly interested in one of my coached who is really focused on the feet what he thinks about it when i get it.

Comment

I do NOT follow the last sentence-please elaborate

Originally posted by llll View Post
      not yet i havent received it yet and emailed them today. will keep you posted. i mam particularly interested in one of my coached who is really focused on the feet what he thinks about it when i get it.
      I do NOT follow the last sentence-please elaborate.
      I understand that you have a coach.
      Last edited by uspta146749877; 10-14-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

one of the pros i train with emphasizes how i bend my legs , timing of the split step etc instead of soley focusing on my above the waist mechanics as some of the others do. since he is so into footwork i think he will be fascinated by baileys analysis of footwork patterns. p,s. if you are julian it will be easier to discuss intelligently my feed back here rather than at tennis warehouse.

Comment

I am julian last time I checked

one of the pros i train with emphasizes how i bend my legs , timing of the split step etc instead of soley focusing on my above the waist mechanics as some of the others do. since he is so into footwork i think he will be fascinated by baileys analysis of footwork patterns. p,s. if you are julian it will be easier to discuss intelligently my feed back here rather than at tennis warehouse.
          I am julian last time I checked.
          BTW: there are some variations hard surface vs clay.
          I assume you are located in US.
          Is it correct?
          Last edited by uspta146749877; 10-16-2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

See footwork posts

post #11 and #12 are related to some extent to your interests

julian mielniczuk
            uspta certified pro 27873 juliantennis@comcast.net

Courtside Tennis Club,Bedford,MA
            Last edited by julian; 10-18-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Another link

see

julian mielniczuk
              uspta certified pro 27873 juliantennis@comcast.net

Courtside Tennis Club,Bedford,MA

Comment

A tape from Bailey

Any luck with getting a tape?

Comment

Red clay clip

However I have some problems finding it today

Comment

just got the dvd and book. also got the manual for coaches and for player. ive gone through them but havent been on court yet to master the language or "the look" yet but here is my take. pro's and cons. David bailey has put nomenclature to footwork patterns and made a "system" out of these patterns from watching thousands af pro videos. if his nomenclature becomes the accepted language it will facilitate discussion regarding footwork. to me though the patterns that would come naturally from going to the ball i.e. to shuffle when the ball is closer vs a drop step or cross step when the ball is farther (not bailey terminology) should be intuitive and not something you have to teach . the students look somewhat "robotized". shadow tennis i think is a tremendous way to learn and a great cardio fitness booster when done at a sufficient level of intensity. but bailey did not invent shadow tennis.
                    all in all i think there is usefull information in the "method". focusing on what the feet are doing in the stroke and repeating that pattern buids muscle memory. i think you could accomplish the same muscle memory by having student start in the center and repeat going for a certain shot and recovering and get the same benefit. just my $.02. i will try and get through some of his specific patterns and if my impressions change will get back and give an update.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you - keep me posted.
                      FYI: I know terminology to the level described by the Footwork section
                      of this Web site

Comment

Do you understand a question by Pondus:

Do you understand a question by Pondus:
                        "Do you recognize the "power move" that he calls the "knee drop" on short balls."

Comment

id have to read it in context. to me the power move is done on the run and does not use a "knee drop". see baileys articles on the power move under footwork here at tennisplayer.net

Comment

tennis-warehouse talk reference

id have to read it in context. to me the power move is done on the run and does not use a "knee drop". see baileys articles on the power move under footwork here at tennisplayer.net
                            See

post #52 and #53

Comment

knee drop

Please provide a two-three line description of "knee drop"

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2410 users online. 18 members and 2392 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X