No announcement yet.

Fh1/ Fh2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be able to hit flatter with the MTM shots tends come very natural once the excellent feel of the shot is developed. Feel is built with more spin and higher net clearances in the early going. With MTM there will always be good spin but the trajectory can be flattened to an extent to get the ball thru the court quicker.

Logic dictates that the swing path to the ball would not start quite as much under the contact pt, but it is a feel thing and the finish remains quite steep.
    You feel the stroke and shape the shot with your hand in a very natural way at that point.
    Does this make sense?

Comment

Makes perfect sense.

Whenever I am hitting really well, I get the feeling that I am shaping the shot with my hand.

I think that part of my struggle with high floaters and slow, mid-court balls (the ones that I feel I should 'flatten out') comes from two misconceptions:

1. The approach shot MUST go deep and down-the-line. I am recently starting to realize that I can use my spin to create better angles and run my opponent off the court on these approach shots, instead of trying to hit it past him.

2. My contact move on the floater should result in momentum that takes me forward into the court so I can be ready to hit a volley. I am now realizing that I have much better control when I keep the weight back so that I can recover in any direction.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8041 users online. 5 members and 8036 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X