Couldn't be happier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't be happier.

Great site, I'm still rereading everything.

I've started attempting to teach a younger brother to play (in the teaching systems section), and have also tried to help other kids in my area begin to play. I haven't been playing long, and I'm lucky enough that I can somewhat explain everything in a fun way.

This site has helped me with my own game, and the people I'm trying to teach. I can't teach strokes if I can't model them myself, and I can't find exactly what to fix or teach if I don't even know what it is. This site has fixed that.

Each article provides me with a set of key points or commonalities in "good" or "efficient" strokes, which I can work on and develop with others. I've heard others complain about the site's articles "finished way too fast", but I've found it the exact opposite. Once I've gone out and worked on everything I've found here...I can say that. But honestly, it'll take more than a lifetime to actually incorporate all the advice here into my game. It's great.

So...thanks! I really appreciate it.

I find this site to be a great help as well when it comes to not only my own game but teaching the game to others as well. As a teaching pro I'm finding that the things I can do with the quicktime movies and photo sequences is amazing and I'm thinking of ways to implement those tools within my teaching. Having quicktime pro is a great help in saving and printing off images from those clips.

Anyone who complains about this site probably doesn't understand the time and effort that is put in on a daily basis to have such a great final product. I've followed and loved John Yandells work since he was at tennisone, and I've recently noticed the lack of in depth material and information on that site as of late. When my tennisone membership is up I won't be renewing it.

The only thing I would like to request from John is some 500fps-1000fps clips of the serve from different angles. Of all the super slow mo clips I've seen from this site to tennisone I've yet to see one of a serve. To me those clips in super slow motion are a tremendous teaching aid and tool that can help others better understand advanced technique as well as basics.

Jason

Comment

Jason.

Thank you so much for everything you wrote. You really understand what goes into this site!! Sad, yes, but I will have to agree about your assesment of Tennisone...

Regarding the serve. Well, we've never filmed at 500fps, although it would be great... There are some 250 frame sequences though in the High Speed Archive--Roddick and two of Pete! Think that's the material you are refering to. In addition there will be more of Roddick in the artilces I'm doing for the June issue.

Eventually we'll have even more.

John

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7496 users online. 3 members and 7493 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X