Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slice vids?

Hi,
    I'm trying to find some high-quality videos of pros returning offensive, deep slice groundstrokes in a rally, can anyone point me to vids either here or on other sites? It's easy to find topspin rallys, and isolated returns of topspin strokes, but I'm having a hard time finding vids that show returns of offensive slice shots that aren't approach shots.

Thanks very much.
    -f

John may know

Originally posted by faultsnaces View Post
    Hi,
    I'm trying to find some high-quality videos of pros returning offensive, deep slice groundstrokes in a rally, can anyone point me to vids either here or on other sites? It's easy to find topspin rallys, and isolated returns of topspin strokes, but I'm having a hard time finding vids that show returns of offensive slice shots that aren't approach shots.

Thanks very much.
    -f
    John may know,please put a post in a section "Have a question for me"

Comment

Murray

Hi,

Thanks very much.
      -f
      espn360.com transmits some matches.
      Probably Murray would be a good choice ( Valencia ?)

Comment

A response from John

Click

post #575

Comment

espn360 vids

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

Underspin

Hi,

Thanks very much.
            -f
            This may be unrelated to the reason for your request, but I've found the book "Technical Tennis" to be valuable for figuring out what's going on with spin - especially with underspin, as I've had to go to it exclusively in my play. It's only four chapters long, only about ten bucks, and the fourth chapter on spin and trajectory is the "meat" for learning how to incorporate simple physics into actual play. Understanding the diagrams in that chapter is worth the trouble in my opinion. I was very happy to learn whether swing path or racket face angle was more important for trajectory control.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by mntlblok View Post
              This may be unrelated to the reason for your request, but I've found the book "Technical Tennis" to be valuable for figuring out what's going on with spin - especially with underspin, as I've had to go to it exclusively in my play. It's only four chapters long, only about ten bucks, and the fourth chapter on spin and trajectory is the "meat" for learning how to incorporate simple physics into actual play. Understanding the diagrams in that chapter is worth the trouble in my opinion. I was very happy to learn whether swing path or racket face angle was more important for trajectory control.

Kevin
              would you mind telling us ?swing path or racquet face angle? i vote for both with emphasis on racquet face angle

Comment

Thx very much for the posts!

Comment

Originally posted by llll View Post
                  would you mind telling us ?swing path or racquet face angle? i vote for both with emphasis on racquet face angle
                  As I recall, it's about 50/50, with a bunch of other factors coming into play, such as whether the ball is rising or falling, whether the ball already has topspin or underspin on it, etc. As usual, it's loaned out, so I don't have it here to review.

Kevin

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2610 users online. 11 members and 2599 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X