Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend the shot or just rotate your forearm

Jonh,
    In the final part of your article about Federer forehand, you proclamed that we should incorporated the extreme forearm rotation on certain circunstances, for example in passing shots, and whwn returning a high ball from the backcourt.
    My daunt is: after seeing the forehand center, courtlevel side 1 clip of Federer forehand, I suppose that he quite didn´t extend the shot, but otherwise had applied just an extreme forehand rotation. Am I right? and if the answer is yes, do you recomend to hit the forehand with that same extreme forearm rotation?
    I apologized in advance, if the answer of this question can be obtained just studying your articles, but I could not resist formulating this inquire.
    P.S. When I had sucess applying this extreme rotation, I generate a lot of spin, and didn´t lost the pace.

Certainly Federer does it in every conceivable situation. And I believe what I said was that all players were free to experiment with it how they wished or found beneficial. What you are refering to is just my own application. Many times I find that players have major technical weaknesses but want to experiment with the most extreme and/or advanced elements.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9034 users online. 2 members and 9032 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X