Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect at Barclay's

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\circus at Bercy.htm

The year-end contest of the top eight will begin at 7:30 a.m. EST in London on Sunday, and it might be a repeat of the same mentally and physically tired performances that we saw in Paris last week. If so, I expect that Djokovic will win again. Here's a link to a very good column about the early rounds at Paris. The semifinals and final were not surprising.

I cannot read a link

I cannot read a link

Comment

link

OK, then go to Tennis.com and call up Steve Tignor's Bercy "Blow-up."

Comment

2009- A Federer's finest year?

Please see

Comment

USPTA '77, your link referred me to yet another link, for an NYT article. I didn't go there. What's the point? Why not simply give an opinion or an observation in the first place? Did you disagree with my guessing that if the Masters resembles Bercy, Djokovic will win? Or what? It's not important to me or anyone else, though. I cannot keep up with all your links, nor do I try. Some USPTA-level insights from you would be better for the forum, don't you think?

Comment

You all been watching this anemic singles round-robin -- as of Tuesday evening, anyway? I expected to see great tennis performed by finely tuned, aggressive, multimillionaire athletes. Fortunately, that's what we've been seeing only in the doubles -- awesome stuff! -- but the singles has, in my fan opinion, been tired and unfocused, except for Dayvdenko's dazzling play until he fizzled, and for Soderling playing his very best since Roland Garros. I wish Roddick were in it.

Is it bound to get better? I hope so, but I'm pessimistic.

And what's with the blatant, tacky, large-print ATP TOUR distraction on the bottom of the nets lately?

And what's with the cheap plastic net? They used it in Paris, too -- they look like what they're beginning to use around here for preventing snowdrifts on county roads. The one in Paris was even heavier than the one at Barclays. Did it save them $50 per net?

The best tennis I've watched lately was Kuerten defeating Sampras on Tennis Channel.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2887 users online. 12 members and 2875 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X