My latest self-help device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest self-help device

Those persuasive TV ads continue to inspire me. Brad Gilbert was in the first, with the ground-breaking Wrist Assist. But he was touting the musty technique of Andre Agassi. The hell with that. I'm talking nasty topspin, the kind Rafa Nadal hits, the kind you can learn with my two-part Spin Like Crazy approach.

Here's the first draft of my TV commercial script:

"No matter how young you are, do you want to continue playing Old Man Tennis? Overcome years, even decades, of that impulse to hit almost flat! Train your mind-arm synapses to swing your racquet up at a sharp angle while keeping the strings at a right angle to the court! You can do it! You don't have to reveal how out of step with the times you are any more.

"And you don't have to invest in an inclined plane to do it! Inclined planes began with the Egyptians building pyramids, not developing topspin! They never heard of the bungee cord, or the hinge, the keys to my two revolutionary ways to making your forehand shots leap off the court like Madagascar lemurs in heat.

"My short bungee cord method not only whips your racquet upward at a 45-degree angle, it also develops and fine-tunes your biceps while you get the feel of hitting true, dynamic topspin. Combine that with my ingenious racquet hinging application, and you will not be able to hit anything but topspin in your practice sessions. Why? Because if you try to hit flat, or even with minimal top, the hoop of your racquet will instantly droop from the handle. The hinge will keep the racquet in its intended shape only if you hit upward. Any old racquet will do. Just saw it in half at the balance point and screw on the special hinge according to directions.

"Special rates for clubs and USPTA members."

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8426 users online. 4 members and 8422 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X