This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post
    Those links are pointing to our old video format. Can you send me the page where you copied the links from so I can look into it?
    "I got the links from the old post that I recovered from the forum. I posted the quoted post two posts up from yours new way to train tennis players :cst club bells tennis in this thread. But I have had difficulty retrieving videos from old threads as well. Another example is the "My Thoughts on the McEnroe Backhand" thread that is currently residing on page two of the forum. When I tried to view those video links I was unable to view them."

This message did a strange thing as well..."new way to train tennis players :cst club bells tennis". This came when I actually wrote "#2577" in my post. It somehow automatically replaced what I typed. I noticed this whenever I use the "#" symbol that something screwy happens.

I just tried the stroke archive and went to John McEnroe-serve-1stS Deurce Side1. I was able to view the video one time and then it was frozen. I could not go down and view the next video for instance. Some sort of snafu has taken over the website from my end of it at least.

Thanks for your help in the meantime.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I got the links from the old post that I recovered from the forum. I posted the quoted post two posts up from yours new way to train tennis players :cst club bells tennis in this thread. But I have had difficulty retrieving videos from old threads as well. Another example is the "My Thoughts on the McEnroe Backhand" thread that is currently residing on page two of the forum. When I tried to view those video links I was unable to view them.
      Here are the two links from the thread "The Andy Murray Setup Position??compared to Roger Federer's"
      Federer 1st Serve Deuce Court Level Side 2
      Andy Murray 1st Serve Deuce Side 2

All the video links from the "My Thoughts on the McEnroe Backhand" work for me.

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      I was able to view the video one time and then it was frozen. I could not go down and view the next video for instance.
      What browser are you using? I recommend using Chrome or Firefox and using the latest version of the browser.
      Last edited by jeffreycounts; 02-06-2023, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Here are the two links from the thread "The Andy Murray Setup Position??compared to Roger Federer's"
        Federer 1st Serve Deuce Court Level Side 2
        Andy Murray 1st Serve Deuce Side 2

All the video links from the "My Thoughts on the McEnroe Backhand" work for me.

What browser are you using? I recommend using Chrome or Firefox and using the latest version of the browser.
        Ok...I think we are getting somewhere. I can view both videos that you referenced above. But I still cannot view the original videos in the old threads. So what can we conclude? I believe my browser is Safari...is that possible?

Will changing browsers fix this? Thanks again. Technically challenged.
        don_budge

Comment

• I've tried to switch to Firefox from Safari on my iMac...and failed.
          don_budge

Comment

• DB,
            You will never be able to see the videos in those old links. We had to change things to go mobile but you can ceertainly revisit them in the stroke archives

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post
              I've tried to switch to Firefox from Safari on my iMac...and failed.
              Like John said, old threads with links to videos have no guarantee of working. However, all the links do work for me on that McEnroe thread:

What happens when you click on any of those?
              Last edited by jeffreycounts; 02-08-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Good question!

Comment

Like John said, old threads with links to videos have no guarantee of working. However, all the links do work for me on that McEnroe thread:

What happens when you click on any of those?
                  Thanks for staying on the case. Btw...it is unfortunate that the old videos cannot be viewed with the posts. So many of my post were using references of the vast video resources of this site. But, when I try to view a link in the McEnroe thread I get a the video on the screen without any ability to access the video. The window is frozen and am unable to do anything with it. I cannot return to the site. Nothing. Thanks again.
                  don_budge

Comment

• That's very odd the the page freezes. All those links from the thread even work on my phone when i try it and that's safari i'm using. Did you try accessing those links in Firefox or Chrome or Edge?

Comment

• DB,
                      sounds like you have issues at your end. As for the site conversion to mobile. Time marches on.

Comment

• Hi John,

I have two full videos from a game my daughter played recently. I would love to get feedback from everyone. I can just share via thread and use google drive. But thought I would lay it out in case it might be able to squeak into your next monthly installment. She only has two months left of tennis season. She won't play college tennis so feedback is essential before she has to go and play the big players in region in April. Let me know how to proceed.

Comment

• Too late for March. But put it here and I can consider it! Others I am sure will chime in.

Comment

• JY...is there any possibility of obtaining any Aryna Sabalenka serve footage from Indian Wells? Some quality angles and ability to freeze frame.
                            don_budge

Comment

• If not Indian Wells, Miami may work out

Comment

• Possibly...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3347 users online. 1 members and 3346 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X