All Mac Users Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Mac Users Please Read

If you were excited about Tiger and took the plunge and upgraded you got Quick Time 7 embedded in it--whether you wanted it or not. And it won't play the Stroke Archive or other embeded movies on Tennisplayer. And you can't download back to 6.5.2, you're stuck with 7. Isn't progress great?

For the last few days, it's been torturing us. A phone call to Apple Tech Support yielded the conclusion (their conclusion) that nothing was wrong with Quick Time 7 and it must be Tennisplayer. Not too helpful.

Well turns out it's NOT us! It's QT 7, and having ruined my Saturday afternoon at the Apple Store Genius Bar in SF, here's the work around until they find a permanent solution.

Go into your Hard Drive. Go to Library. Go to Internet Plug Ins. There is one called: Quick Time Plug In Web Plug In.

Just take that and drag it to your desktop and leave it there. Weird I know but it works. We did it twice right there at the Genius Bar.

NOTE: Look for the exact plug in name as above. There is another one called
    QuickTime Plug In Plug In. That's NOT it.

And remember, your leader never sleeps, even if I'm a PC guy....

It's not just Tiger

Hi John,
    You can disregard the email I just sent- I just read this. I wisely avoided Tiger- being an early innovator in OS's never pays off- but I got stuck with QT 7 anyway. It comes on the Software updater whether you upgrade to Tiger or not. So I ran into this problem. There is something odd, about Tennis Player net, though, because QuickTime movies play off other websites. I guess I need to reboot or s'thg to see if your fix works. See subsequent post.

Comment

Fix verified- sort of

So,
      The correct sequence is to quit Safari, then move the folder QuickTime Plugin.webplugin somewhere other than YourHardDisk:Library:Internet Plug-ins.
      This fixed the Music Videos for me, but I can't hear the QT movie at the beginning of Famous Coaches:Robert Landsorp Forehand. The audio is just garbage.

Comment

Interesting. We verified with Apple techs there was nothing wrong with our particular movies. Quite a few people on the Apple message boards were having similar problems on other sites. Not sure about Robert...we'll look into it. It's OK for me on PC...

Comment

There are now over a billion smart phones, with quantum physics used to make them. When I first got a mobile phone, it cost $1,400 and was bigger than a cost co walkie talkie, and our first tv was bigger than a refrigerator. What's next?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3153 users online. 6 members and 3147 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X