Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Simple Tennnis 101.. Got to see this

m
    Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-04-2010, 09:25 PM.

The Simple Ground Stroke 101

Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-05-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Simple Forehand and Backhand 101

Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-05-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

chokomakashi,
        The motion for the serve is a classical throwing motion. The arm should naturally pronate for a low stress throwing motion. Your proposed motion for impact is wrong, and it ingrains the wrong motion in the student's mind. I also don't know why you compare it to Tommy Haas - there is really nothing in common.

Comment

Thank you for your reply

Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

thank you for your reply

thank you

Comment

Coming up towards the ball with the racket on edge is correct, but afterwards the face must position itself at impact, which you are not doing. After impact the racket face is facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

Pronation? Just lift your arm and slowly do the toss motion very loosely. Anatomically, your palm will face outwards towards the end. You don't learn how to do it, it comes naturally.
              Last edited by gzhpcu; 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Thank you sir..

Attached Files

Comment

Your photo shows someone beating a rug. This is not how you would throw a ball... I said pronation comes naturally for the correct throwing motion.

The problem is with people who do not know how to throw:

Q: Many students, when serving, do not feel the pronation occur or they have limited acceleration. Do you have any advice or exercises to improve this?

A: This can be a big problem for any person, child or adult, who has never developed a physically mature throwing pattern. In a mature throwing pattern, the pronation will occur naturally.
                  source: http://www.littletennis.com/default....ookieSupport=1

Comment

Thank you very much

thanks a lot for link and advice .. i will look into it...

Comment

In my humble opinion, it is better to teach students first how to throw a ball correctly. This is the base for the serve motion...

Comment

Can't Agree More!!!

Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-04-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Simpple Backhand 101

Hello today I would like to show simple backhand

1) drop the racket... Serena more or less take straight back....
                          2) before you hit the ball racket has to under the ball..4th frame
                          3) Handle goes to the ball first 4th frame
                          4) Hit through the ball--flat contact 5th frame
                          5) And high finish 6th frame

Not huge wind up but as we all know how hard Serena hit from her backhand wing...I would say very simple and nice take back...can generate great power

serena.jpg
                          Last edited by chokomakashi; 04-22-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Simple Serve 101--Suzuki Pro Explains....

Hello Everyone.. thank you for viewing simple tennis thread.. today I would like to explain where the racket should be before you make contact....

Suzuki pro from Japan.. in youtube explain.. to me he explain the best where the racket should be before hit the ball... so I wanted to share with you...
                            As you can see he is hitting the edge of the frame.. in the video he said
                            "beofore you hit the ball... it is more like you are going to hit the ball with frame"

suzuki .jpg

Comment

The simple Serve 101... where racket should be before contact

Hello Everyone.. thank you for viewing simple tennis thread.. today I would like to explain where the racket should be before you make contact....

Suzuki pro from Japan.. in youtube he exlains where the racket should be before hit the ball... so I wanted to share with you...
                              As you can see he is hitting or pointing the edge of the frame.. in the video he said
                              "beofore you hit the ball... it is more like you are going to hit the ball with frame"

suzuki2.jpg

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8118 users online. 5 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X