X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John, any comments on my rallying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4gOOnCUMEY

Don't forget I just turned 65...

Love that court for one thing, where is that?

Your backhand preparation is actually better than your forehand. You get to the turn before or at the bounce. Think on your forehand you keep your hands together too long. The left arm stretches which is great, but could stretch harder sooner. The racket should be at about the top of the backswing at the bounce and it is late. But do like the fact that your right hand stays on your right side--don't change that!

Comment

john, what do you think about his shoulder rotation.(better than that other video you posted on another site) phil and i have have "discussions" for a long time whats the difference in time phil from the other video????? larry

Comment

p.s. phil im glad i could help steer you here. i knew it was right up your analytical ally.

Comment

Thanks larry... still lots to learn... guess I need more shoulder rotation as well...

Comment

Originally posted by llll View Post
            john, what do you think about his shoulder rotation.(better than that other video you posted on another site) phil and i have have "discussions" for a long time whats the difference in time phil from the other video????? larry
            2 months...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
              2 months...
              it has improved from the last one. jim courier and gang better watch out. you are almost ready to take them on in the seniors tour

Comment

Yeah I had the footage converted to QT so I could look at it frame by frame and that is probably true about the shoulders as an issue in the overall preparation. Phil I am feeling a Your Strokes coming on especially if because the footage is so nice...but need to know if you are game?

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                  Yeah I had the footage converted to QT so I could look at it frame by frame and that is probably true about the shoulders as an issue in the overall preparation. Phil I am feeling a Your Strokes coming on especially if because the footage is so nice...but need to know if you are game?
                  Certainly John, it would be a pleasure...

Comment

Excellent and the spring in the legs is impressive even after your recent birthday...I'm not that far behind you!

Comment

Pretty damn good! Like his leg bouncincess. Late on the fh, but it's clay, so who cares? Beautiful court.

Comment

The court is TC Lido in Lugano...

Comment

john, george is a fanatical detail oriented player.great for discussion, somewhat hard headed (jmho) but someone who if you did his strokes would be a baby in a candy store.

Comment

John, thank you very much for the analysis of my forehand. I will start working right away on correcting the first phase of the backswing. When I feel that it is engrained I will post a video here.

Comment

Excellent--had a lot of fun doing it. Can't wait to see the revised version. What a relief by the way, they finally banned our friend over on TW.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9434 users online. 8 members and 9426 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X