Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimiko Date Defeats Safina!!!

m
    Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-03-2010, 09:12 PM.

I guess we all have to admit you really are a genius.

Comment

I am not Genious

l
      Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-04-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

This is only way she can beat Safina

a
        Attached Files
        Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Was great run

g

Comment

This is the response I would expect you to have made. Excuses and it's all related to your beliefs not players playing tennis. I've read over a few of your things. What is so funny is you say what is "preached" on this site is this or that. So far as I can see there is no preaching--except for yours. You don't even seem to have a good technical grasp of the so-called flatter style. I've read a lot of articles about it, Macci, Lansdorp, Mitchell, Yandell, etc, and your ideas don't match up with what these style players actually do according to the experts or the video.

Comment

Actually that is good point...

d
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a question...

f

Comment

I doubted you would understand. It is not my job to educate you, but as I believe others have remarked in addition to myself, why would you want to spout off when what you say doesn't take into account the information on the site (which you say is genius).

So for your own edification just dealing with the forehand and that sequence you posted of yourself (?). What does the site say about the angle of the shoulders or where the arms point when you prepare. Where is the backswing at the turn? How do you configure the shape of the arm? Where is the forward swing in terms of the extension? How much do the shoulders rotate? Does that relate to the kind of stance--open or netural? Those are just a few of the questions that have been answered--and none of them look correct in your example of the great flat forehand.

Comment

Interesting

yanybody's idea....
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by chokomakashi; 06-04-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

First of all since you have chosen to post repeatedly in a public forum on this site, it is ridiculous to ask that we just ignore your comments, especially because at least some others are viewing them and may be impacted by what you say. I'd say the opposite, if you don't like the heat then stay out of the kitchen or do us all a favor and become more informed.
                      Now as to your description of the forehand. You are missing what other much more knowledgeable coaches have all pointed out is the key point in the preparation which is how the hands stay together at the start of the motion and how at a certain point but before the shoulders are fully sideways the left arm stretches across the body. So you obviously don't understand the most basic component in preparation. This is an example of why so many viewers have been annoyed with you and your self-promotion that is not based on facts.
                      I could go on and on. But for starters why don't you look at that extension point on the forehand and try to figure out what is wrong with that picture for yourself instead of expecting people who have actually learned from the site to do your work for you.

Comment

chokomakashi,
                        You are teaching a type of tennis taught 50 years ago. It is simply not played that way anymore, due to the change in tennis racket technology. Your short flat strokes are more prone to injury as well. Short means using muscle power to slow down the finish. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by chokomakashi
                          you really should go youtube and see how she hits.. you will see beautiful follow through......again there is no secret to her swing....

anyhow... to me it is great.. at least get some feedback....
                          I looked at it, and it looks awkward and cramped to me.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSAHU0yq56o

Comment

Really? So your position is that Nadal only stretches his left arm (or opposite arm since he is a lefty)? Wow. And you are teaching people tennis and presumably being paid by them. You managed to crater your own credibility without even knowing it. Sugyami does, Federer does, Agassi, Sampras--in fact I would challenge you to find one player in the archive on this site that doesn't--with the exception of a few women who have problem forehands...
                            Last edited by GimpyGrumpy; 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

and if you want to see a beautiful swing, look at Federer's forehand...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8251 users online. 9 members and 8242 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X