Mechanics Add How Much Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanics Add How Much Power?

For a few years I ran a fund raiser which was a fast serve contest. What was interesting was the servers who had serving motions of a very rudimentary nature (baseball player types) serving just as hard as many servers who had more classical serving styles. Is power mostly just God-given? I wonder what research would show about how much speed is added to some one whose service motion goes from basic to advanced? How much power on average can a teaching pro add to a developing player's serve through sound mechanics?
    Ralph

I think the only answer to this question is this. Certain physical abilities cannot be "taught" but definitely, when tehcnique is otpimized or improved, so is the overall result.

The guys with the rudimentary motions would improve by at least some increment if they had better technique.

Great players of course tend to have both supreme ability and superior technique.

Comment

John, thank you for responding. I have always been impressed with how professionally every question is dealt with.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8554 users online. 7 members and 8547 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X