Gabashvili racket drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabashvili racket drop

This week in Lugano, our club is hosting an ATP Challenger tournament. I witnessed a match by Gabashvili, who had a good run at Roland Garros. What surprised me when I watched his serve, was that his racket drop was not so good. I then took a video and captured the frame showing his max racket drop. First time I saw this at the pro level...

I also had the impression that he was not very loose, and was muscling his serve... still, his serve was fairly fast and he won his match.

that's the max drop? he's got to be good to be playing and winning at that level. i wonder about his shoulder felxibility though.

Comment

Yes, that is the max. Couldn't believe it when I watched, so decided to take a video and verify it. He reached the finals of the ATP Challenger tournament in Lugano, and lost in 3 sets to Wawrinka...

Comment

Hey, he's good. But you won't see a player with an elite pro serve with that motion, I will venture to predict. Talent trumps technique. Talent and technique equals maximum success!

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
          Yes, that is the max. Couldn't believe it when I watched, so decided to take a video and verify it. He reached the finals of the ATP Challenger tournament in Lugano, and lost in 3 sets to Wawrinka...
          maybe thats why he plays challengers?? although the racquet along the right side of his body looks good.

Comment

At Roland Garros this year, he beat Andy Roddick in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7983 users online. 7 members and 7976 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X