Power Serve - Elbow extension more important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shootermcmarc0
    i find that when i'm trying to muscle the ball, i end up having more of a shearing effect on contact and it isn't a clean hit. whenever i'm relaxed it feels and sounds like i'm making clean contact.

hey Bill, in the Attach Your Strokes section I posted a vid of my serve, could you take a look at it?
    Shooter,

I got it! Give me a little time to look it over. Did you see FiveO's analysis of your serve? I thought he did a great job. FiveO is a very good addition to this site.

Comment

What are good stretches or exercises to increase ROM?

"A major source is in the shoulder area and a tennis player should concentrae on improving their range of motion and their strength to accelerate this area. This area is one of the major sources of power for the serve.[/QUOTE]

I have a heavy, leaded, JK woodie I use to warm up with (just swing easily), but how are coaches increasing ROM in older adults? For myself, I know much of my decreased serve speed is due to a restricted ROM as I age, yet I have no shoulder problems.

-Robert

Comment

Robert,

I Like your exercise. I would look carefully at ALL the upper body stretches in both the Roetert and Etcheberry series. There are multiple shoulder stretches, but you should approach it as a total body thing--it's all connected. If you combined them and followed that regime, you'd feel a difference!

The other key I have found is massage. Again the whole upper body, but especially the delts, triceps, rotator, and under the shoulder blades.

Regards,
        John Yandell

Comment

Thanks, John. I'll look at those two posts.

-Robert

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3186 users online. 10 members and 3176 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X