Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing some additional energy on the court!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing some additional energy on the court!

I play tennis early in the morning 6 days a week for approx. 1-2 hours then hit the gym. What is a good source of breakfast that will keep me going? I feel that I am running low on fuel these days. Any suggestions would be great!

Tennischic

Might take a little getting used to, but how about a dish of pasta?

Comment

I think it really depends on what your body likes. Myself a small cheese ommlette and some fruit.
      Last edited by johnyandell; 07-24-2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tennischic View Post
        I play tennis early in the morning 6 days a week for approx. 1-2 hours then hit the gym. What is a good source of breakfast that will keep me going? I feel that I am running low on fuel these days. Any suggestions would be great!

Tennischic
        egg whites and a mutigrain bread or oatmeal or something like that. bring some bananas to eat after you play and before youe hit the gym.
        a protein shake with some carbs or one of the otc drinks made to replenish prior to the gym should help
        after 90 minutes or so of high intensity workout most of your glycogen stores are gone . you need to refuel or fuel as you go so you dont "bonk" from depleted fuel sources.
        i would refrain from 5 hour energy fuel or things like that as a steady answer to your question. hope this helps.
        its my opinion . im not a nutritionalist and of course talk to a doctor or sports nutrionist for professional advice ( i had to put a disclaimer in .sorry)

Comment

Germany's soccer team switched to pasta for breakfast...

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...-pasta_1397714

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will try it out.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7824 users online. 0 members and 7824 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X