Can I ask you a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask you a question?

In my exp., serve and return drills helps me the most: re: playing matches/improving. The first strike of the ball, usually determines who is going to win each point. I can tell most of the time, watching pro matches, who is going to win each point if a return is made.

That, and deciding to use what I am good at, and protect what I am bad at.

The question is: What helped you the most win matches?

Same here. Those are the two most important shots in a match. You might have great groundstrokes, but if you can't manage to get them in play in a match, it won't help.

Practice often with a friend, where we each serve ten points in a row.

I've played matches against rally kings, thinking, "wow, this guy is really great", then see them fall apart when playing points.

Comment

eliminating (really decreasing) unforced errors by learning not to go for too much when its not appropriate. learning to build the point.
      improving my return game is high on my list of priorities for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
        Same here. Those are the two most important shots in a match. You might have great groundstrokes, but if you can't manage to get them in play in a match, it won't help.

Practice often with a friend, where we each serve ten points in a row.

I've played matches against rally kings, thinking, "wow, this guy is really great", then see them fall apart when playing points.
        this another good point about "warm up/ rallying"vs match play.
        i started out taking alot of lessons instead of playing. wanting to develop a solid foundation and not get bad habits. my ball striking was far superior to my ability to play. now that i play more im learning how to play vs learning how to hit the ball and my playing and ball striking are coming closer together.
        of course i am still working on technique since my strokes are far from perfect

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2922 users online. 10 members and 2912 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X