Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new forehand

this is my new forhand.

i learned how to play tennis from this website... so i appreciate all ideas.
    Last edited by stickman; 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM.

the one thing that stands out to me is that you seem to be leaning backwards during the stroke. Looks like it might be robbing you of forward momentum and balance.

Comment

I do lean back on some balls... But I get some pretty good racket head speed on my ground strokes , not sure if i loose power or not... i do keep my head pretty still thoe.

I thaught i read some were that is one way to tell if your balenced?

But i never really thaught about it...

Comment

Federer leans back.

But, more turn of the shoulders while pointing with left hand at right fence-- but keep hitting arm in the slot. In my forehand quite similar to yours I want both things to happen at once-- part of an effort to increase feel.

So I don't go for the lightning quick shoulders turn we learned any more but rather spread it out as part of initial movement (usually to right) and then complete an exaggerated shoulders turn with big pointing action at the right fence.

Okay, so this is me, not you, but that's my approach to tennis, i.e., be self-interested, figure out stuff for yourself, be your own coach, listen to others but only sometimes.

I say go up with racket pretty soon and close it while it's at the top (like Federer).

You could save some laying back of the wrist for actual contact. But I don't think anyone wants to do this all of the time, e.g., when you're rolling racket tip out to the right for a very sharp crosscourt.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
          Federer leans back.

But, more turn of the shoulders while pointing with left hand at right fence-- but keep hitting arm in the slot. In my forehand quite similar to yours I want both things to happen at once-- part of an effort to increase feel.

So I don't go for the lightning quick shoulders turn we learned any more but rather spread it out as part of initial movement (usually to right) and then complete an exaggerated shoulders turn with big pointing action at the right fence.

Okay, so this is me, not you, but that's my approach to tennis, i.e., be self-interested, figure out stuff for yourself, be your own coach, listen to others but only sometimes.

I say go up with racket pretty soon and close it while it's at the top (like Federer).

You could save some laying back of the wrist for actual contact. But I don't think anyone wants to do this all of the time, e.g., when you're rolling racket tip out to the right for a very sharp crosscourt.
          This is pretty much, right on the spot!
          Good piece of advice, and better yet, what needs to be followed, stickman.

You have learnt well by watching; this advice, if taken, can give you more controlled power and greater degree of "being comfortable" on forehand.

To get some visual grasp on torso rotation on forehand (as well as laid back wrist, although Your forehand is fine) look at Sampras forehand as a nice example on those elements.

Your stroke is emulation of modern forehand, and although it is ok as it is, what bottle says can give you even more of it.

Not many people with the forehand of your "calibre" would be open for suggestion or ask for opinions; so that itself is a big credit to You!

Comment

Joe Mccormick

I think there's a difference in the words of the tennis swing from when the video clip came out years ago. If you look at the tennis racquet only, and see what words the tennis racquet makes. 2016. Joe McCormick would like tennis corrections. 2016. John Yandell would know. 2016. The position of the left hand on the tennis racquet is the most expensive part of the tennis shot so far. 2016.
            Last edited by stickman; 04-04-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Joe,
              What do you mean the words of the tennis swing?

Comment

Joe Mccormick

The players name should come up when you look at the racquet only from what i know, i could be wrong. Joe Mccormick. 2016.
                Shots came in, in 2016.
                1st serve Bill Tilden
                2nd Serve John Isners 1st serve
                Backhand Rod Laver
                Volleys John McEnroe
                Forehand Joe McCormick
                ADDED
                Roy Jones Jr.'s legs. 2016
                ADDED
                Slides faster than Guillermo Coria on clay. 2016.
                Last edited by stickman; 04-05-2016, 09:44 AM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Having a hard time following. Names come up where?

Comment

stickman...

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                    1st serve Bill Tilden
                    Forehand Joe McCormick. 2016.
                    Backhand Rod Laver
                    Volleys John McEnroe
                    Great stuff! It's a verse. You have my interest. I was looking at your forehand and there is much good about it. I would like to see you step towards the ball more thereby transferring more of your energy via the biomechanical chain of events to the ball. This will result in more effortless power…and control.

stickman…what is power? answer…control is power. stickman…what is control? answer…control is a combination of the elements speed, placement and spin.

Keep us posted. Add on.
                    Last edited by don_budge; 04-06-2016, 03:06 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                    don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Joe Mccormick

To John Yandell..
                      Joe McCormick is the Best Quarterback in the NFL..
                      HAHA
                      Football Coach Fucked up in 11th grade, Joe McCormick cant go play Quarterback in colledge until all world football coaches are safe. Universe.
                      Joe McCormick is a Olympic Quarterback.
                      Now Joe McCormick can win the Olympic's in every Olympic event, but Joe McCormick didn't win the Olympic's in the 100 Meters in High School because all world country's are unsafe. Universe. The Police ended up at a regestered bullet at Track Practice in 9th grade.
                      HAHA
                      Now the Olympic men's vault is actually all the Olympic Quarterbacks. Universe.
                      Joe McCormick knows this.... 2016.
                      Joe McCormick also knows it takes 15 to 20 years to get good at Tennis. 2016. Times up is comming. 2016.
                      Thats what i mean the words of the Tennis swing. 2016.
                      Now times up is comming means this, Adolf Hitler gunned down the entire German Goverment with Adolf Hitler's NATZI fucking soldgers for the World forgetting to pay Adolf Hitler.
                      The World forgot with the WORLD BANK to pay Joe McCormick 36.7 Billion Dollers. 2016.
                      THIS IS MCCORMICK HEADQUARTERS FIRST LEGAL MESSAGE. Joe McCormick. 2016.
                      Last edited by stickman; 04-06-2016, 07:35 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                        Great stuff! It's a verse. You have my interest. I was looking at your forehand and there is much good about it. I would like to see you step towards the ball more thereby transferring more of your energy via the biomechanical chain of events to the ball. This will result in more effortless power…and control.

stickman…what is power? answer…control is power. stickman…what is control? answer…control is a combination of the elements speed, placement and spin.

Keep us posted. Add on.
                        Joe McCormick will practice stepping more towards the tennis ball. Thanks. 2016.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8139 users online. 1 members and 8138 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X