Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healing injuries and prevention: Not just for us old guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing injuries and prevention: Not just for us old guys!

There is a sect of Indonesian monks, that has mastered meditation re: chi energy and injury healing. They sit in the lotus position, palms upraised, eyes closed, and with each incoming breath, they "suck" chi into their body. (Using the kegel muscle/genital area) With each outgoing breath, they "shove" chi energy. (Using heavy abdominal contraction, out through the navel area, by tensing the core and raising blood pressure extremely. This method, if done at home, ten reps am and pm, will heal injured areas way faster than normal, and help prevent injuries in the first place. It has application in every physical sport. The shoving must be done while "shoving" towards the injured area, or the area you are protecting, such as, the hamstring, lower back, shoulder or elbow.... The monks do these for several hours a day, and often go on retreat into the surrounding jungle...

My article on 4.5 over 50, in the May issue, was shot (video of my shots), three weeks after I broke my foot in an April tournament! Most people (let alone + 50 year olds) would have been in a cast for 6 weeks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q Indonesian monk: chi master
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 10-02-2010, 07:53 AM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7661 users online. 6 members and 7655 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X