My Forehands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Forehands

Thank you for visiting my blog. This blog is dedicated to all of my tennis students. You have access to an extensive video library where you can study our swings at 200 frames per second or more and their analysis. High speed video allows us to have a great awareness of our technique. Are you sure you really know what you're doing? Be part of our tennis blog by leaving your comments, suggestions or even posting your own tennis videos. Hope you enjoy it.

hey would love anyones feedback

Slow motion is fine, but I really have a problem with the ultra slow motion you have posted. To start off with, would you have a normal video of you hitting forehands?

Comment

Get below the ball a little more

I tried to post a response on one of your blogs,but I don't see it so maybe it got lost. I really like the websites you have set up there with Millman Tennis. And I like the way you present the video clips. I wonder what software you are using to put up the video. Also, I use a Casio FH20 that gets great slow motion for a few hundred dollars, but I don't think it has the resolution of the cameras you are using there Not sure. But I like the way you are encouraging members to put up their videos.

Of course, youtube is another alternative, but the way your site displays multiple clips or at least initial frames is a little different.

Anyway, I think it's a good looking stroke. Just a little too big and too far behind you on the windup and perhaps a little strong on the grip for my tastes, especially for an Aussie who has got to want to go to the net! The one thing I do see is that you are not getting enough below the ball (contact point) before you start the racket forward. That's a big problem I see with all my students. You want the momentum of the racket upward to lift the ball. Then you can hold the ball on the strings longer and put more energy into spin.

don

Comment

hitting with more spin isnt necessarily a good thing if I came from below the ball more I would get more spin but less power

my swing is big but hewitt has a bigger swing for example there are other pros with big swings as well and from the front its only on my side of the body

Slow motion is good I think because you can see things that you cant normally see in real time.... If I recorded my shot in real time it would be really difficult to see whats going on.
        Last edited by bowt; 10-12-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

spin and power

Originally posted by bowt View Post
          hitting with more spin isnt necessarily a good thing if I came from below the ball more I would get more spin but less power
          You need a certain amount of spin. You can get it by swinging up through the ball in which case you get a lot of the momentum of the racket going into the speed and power of your shot, ...or you can get it by pulling up at the last minute and pulling off the ball as the racket changes direction in which case you don't get as much power from the momentum of the racket head. No matter what, you probably are going to want to "wiper" the racket up off the ball. But I find my players hit a heavier (more penetrating and faster) ball when they get the momentum of the racket coming into contact point to be more like the intended path of the ball. In a worst case scenario, they have to open the face to get the necessary lift and they really only hit the ball with a glancing blow and can't hit freely with all their potential force. I would argue that today's players (top men) essentially hit from below the ball to above it following through almost as if they were hitting up above the outgoing shot. Of course, in reality, the racket is "wipering" up and away to the other side as the ball goes out.

don

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8115 users online. 5 members and 8110 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X