Volleyball serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball serve

Just when you think you've seen it all...

yea i've seen similar videos of him and his brother before. One of my acquaintences at my tennis club uses that racquet and knows the designer (I think it may be the brothers' father).

Anyway, the pace he gets on that ball is excellent, but I can't help wondering whether he'd get even more if he actually used his legs to generate more forward angular momentum. As it is, he starts generating momentum from an airborne position, so he can't use the ground to push off against.

The jump doesn't seem to increase contact height much either, compared to a regular serve (pause video at moment of contact).

Perhaps the forward jump allows him to be closer to the net which has its own advantage.

Still, very impressive form and pace given the style.

Curious to see what the experts have to say on this.

Comment

he came to a futures tournament in vero beach fl. last year.i got to see him play a match. he really is very far into the court on contact and the angles he can hit are in credible .sort of like isner.
      what impressed me more was it was a VERY windy day and on one side of the court he couldnt use that serve , since he has a very high toss and the wind was blowing the ball backward. so on the deuce serve from that side of the court he served a normal serve right handed and from the ad side he served a normal serve LEFT handed. thus he could serve 3 ways

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8755 users online. 9 members and 8746 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X