Fed Forehand Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Forehand Video

Rarely post but the music video requires praise. That is amazing that there are these four shots all in a row and it seems like they show you all the ways that he hits them. The footwork and the recovery footwork, I am not sure I have seen strung together in this way, connecting his game.

Regarding the video, does anybody else think that Federer looks to be moving slower? (Naturally, seeing as he's older) but it looks to me that he's always on the run and is not as balanced as he once was when hitting his forehand, especially when he runs around the backhand. Just an observation, I may be wrong. Opinions?

Comment

John,

Many thanks for the slow-mo music video of Federer’s forehand majesty. I grew up hearing the phrase “poetry in motion.” I studied tai chi (taijiquan) in Palo Alto and the video of my teacher’s master, Tung Hu-Ling, the Michael Jordan of tai chi, used to be the more powerful poetry I had seen in the physical realm, but this clip is my new number 1.

I doubt I will ever grow tired of watching such virtuosity. If ever we needed to see the full range of forehand domination, here it is in one point. I used to think the one handed backhand was the most majesty fluid shot, but Roger’s forehand and his footwork is on another planet. I have been good enough to imagine myself hitting most shots when I was younger, but never even dreamed of floating over the court like this. Tai chi masters would marvel at the balance and flow.

Gracie,

Robin W. Pratt, Ph.D.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7789 users online. 4 members and 7785 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X