No announcement yet.

For gzhpcu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the forces involved are linear forces and angular forces. The whole kinetic chain for the serve is pretty complex. Looking at the arm only, there is a combination of linear acceleration and rotational acceleration (shoulder axis, elbow axis, wrist axis) contributing to overall racket head acceleration. A greater radius or greater linear extension (in this case the extent of the racket drop) contribute to greater radial/linear acceleration, respectively, and, of course, greater overall acceleration of the racket head.
    There are still many factors contributing to serve speed, such as the impact point on the racket, the power of the racket, weight of the racket, etc. And, of course, when you look at all the other components in the kinetic chain: trunk, hips, legs...
    Last edited by gzhpcu; 10-29-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

angular momentum

Figure 3.11 of ""biomechanics of advanced tennis" is a good referernce

Comment

Looking at that angular momentum chart shows how complex everything is. And this is just the rotational axis around the somersault axis. Figures 3.12 and 3.13 must also be considered. They all center around the center of gravity.

It hasn't looked at the rotational axis around the shoulder, elbow and wrist.

No wonder we still don't really fully understand what is going on.

Comment

a pendulum solvable case as a model for a linear momentum of serve

A pendelum model of angular momentum of a serve can be considered.a nonzero spped at a lowerst locatiopn should be assumed

Comment

trunk rotation reasonably well understood

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
            Looking at that angular momentum chart shows how complex everything is. And this is just the rotational axis around the somersault axis. Figures 3.12 and 3.13 must also be considered. They all center around the center of gravity.

It hasn't looked at the rotational axis around the shoulder, elbow and wrist.

No wonder we still don't really fully understand what is going on.
            Trunk rotation influence reasonably well understood-see current videos of wozniacki to see how well it is imnplemenbted in her case.very little info in a bookl about linear momentuom of serve

Comment

Originally posted by uspta146749877 View Post
              A pendelum model of angular momentum of a serve can be considered.a nonzero spped at a lowerst locatiopn should be assumed
              Don't quite follow you here. What are you modeling and with what?

Comment

articles by knudson and bahamonde

Articles by knudson and bahamonde quoted in a book could be bette/more usefulr than a book but I do not have them yet
                Last edited by uspta146749877; 10-30-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

pendulum

Don't quite follow you here. What are you modeling and with what?
                  Imagine that one has a pendelum hanging from a rotator cuff instead of an arm with a racket.another way of saying is that a pendelum models an arm.I believe that some exact results are known about a pendulum-one is a period of motion of pendelum. .forget for a moment about an effective length of arm we have spoken about-i will address the latter issue later-you may use my e-mail address if more convenient
                  Last edited by uspta146749877; 10-30-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

No offense, but for me, modelling a multisegment component with a single segment pendulum sounds like too much of an oversimplification to me...

Comment

one can do a bit bettert

No offense, but for me, modelling a multisegment component with a single segment pendulum sounds like too much of an oversimplification to me...
                      Nasa proved recently that a bumble bee cannot fly.very expensive research.
                      some models can be imroved a bit by engraving/inserting some data from obsevations-some possible simulations for golf and baseball done already.
                      Last edited by uspta146749877; 10-30-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

only for a linear part

I want to use a pendelum for a linear part

Comment

could someone in laymans terms explain what you are explaining

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9711 users online. 7 members and 9704 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                          X