Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John, you hurt me today

John,
    you made me ache today. I was inspired by the Federer music video to go back and look at what I had missed in all the other music videos...plenty. When I watched God Save the Serve and Volley, I ached for that feeling of floating. I never played as well as these guys, but i deluded myself into thinking at times that I was moving pretty well. When I had "happy feet", I knew I was dangerous. But it is so beyond me now. But it makes me want to go out and play full speed...will you come visit me in intensive care?

Man, these videos are terrific. But this most recent one is in another class. It's just unbelievable. I watch online shows on my computer...gave up the cable feed to keep from watching too much garbage. But they even have commercials on MSNBC clips...so I just play the Federer Forehand video...I can watch that all day...Commercial: Play the music video again. Or just keep it going in the background. Now I will use some of these other music videos as well. We really did used to go to the net. Great to be reminded.

Are the kids in the Classical Strokes Junior Tennis clip your students? May not be politically correct, but I love those strokes.

You really should think about trying to go to the ATP and WTA and try to do an "Endless Summer/NFL Films" of tennis set to music. This Federer music video is your calling card to getting the backing and permissions to do it. Not only would it be wonderful for us to watch, it would also be a great promotion for the game. They do little bits and pieces in commercials for the summer season, but nothing like this. You could really do a whole hour. I really think it could be commercially successful and such a boon for tennis.

In any case, you need to make it a point to do a high speed music video like this one each and every month. You could sell them on iTunes. I get goosebumps watching that thing.

oh well, just the ravings of an old man thrashing around,...
    but you really made me ache tonight!

all the best,
    don

Thanks for the great great words. Yeah there is a lot in that music video section and it is probably under viewed! Glad you could relate to the Sex Pistols.

Yeah a lot of those kids were trained by me in the Junior Tennis one--but Nick the kid with the great volleys was trained by an east bay coach and the blonde girl by Jim Bedillion--we recruited them for that technical style.

Yeah maybe we will try to get a little wider media viewing...

Comment

It's better than you think

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Thanks for the great great words. Yeah there is a lot in that music video section and it is probably under viewed! Glad you could relate to the Sex Pistols.

Yeah maybe we will try to get a little wider media viewing...
      I don't think you realize how good this video is. I've shown it to a few people and most are absolutely mesmerized. The adults go nuts. In the middle of a lesson it's tougher to get a full response from a teenager, but they love it too. You don't have to be a tennis player to appreciate it.

I think if you were to put this on youtube, it would go viral right away. Just be sure to have the tennisplayer logo in the corner during the whole playback if you do put it up on youtube. And maybe the name of the band to make them happy too. I'm sure your guys know how to do that.

don

Comment

Moon walking

One more thing: you should call it " Federer Doing the Moon Walk". He looks like he is walking on the moon or at least like a creature from another planet, exempt from gravity.

don

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7763 users online. 1 members and 7762 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X