Becker/Lendl match point clip, fifth set, masters final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becker/Lendl match point clip, fifth set, masters final

Anyone else miss boom boom? (37 shot rally on fifth set match point, Nabisco grand masters) One of the greatest serves of all time for a heavy ball, due to his huge knee bend, and incredible pronation of his forearm. I also love his commentaries. One of a kind, and truly missed, at least by me! First great server on the planet, for heaviness.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 01-15-2011, 12:55 PM.

Great stuff.

Absolutely awesome! I loved Becker. One of the players that inspired me to play tennis. Thanks for finding that video.

Comment

Sampras learned the Becker serve, with its full shoulder coil and heavy forearm prontation, and Fed. copied Sampras.

Comment

This video has a great on court perspective of his serve...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkPi7...eature=related

Comment

Gawd, I miss the serve and volley game

You start watching this stuff on youtube and you can go on and on. Maybe the groundstrokes aren't as strong, but it is sure fun to watch the tension rise so quickly as someone goes to the net, especially with the grace of Edberg.

Will we ever see that kind of tennis again? Will Quickstart teach kids to love the net enough to make it an integral part of their games?

don

Comment

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3rGPOde5Ss&NR=1

Anyone else miss boom boom? (37 shot rally on fifth set match point, Nabisco grand masters) One of the greatest serves of all time for a heavy ball, due to his huge knee bend, and incredible pronation of his forearm. I also love his commentaries. One of a kind, and truly missed, at least by me! First great server on the planet, for heaviness.
            of all the clips available
            why did you pick this one
            boris wins by luck
            what sh@@ty way for lendl to lose
            what were you trying to show here
            i dont get it:

Comment

Aww! come on.

Originally posted by llll View Post
              of all the clips available
              why did you pick this one
              boris wins by luck
              what sh@@ty way for lendl to lose
              what were you trying to show here
              i dont get it:
              It was a great match point. The match essentially ended a draw. The only way it could have ended closer is if they were playing a Sudden Death 9 point tie-breaker and that happened on the 9th point! But, boy, did you see how pissed Lendl was!
              don

Comment

That face of his. Why is it that all Czech guys have such high pitched voices? "Oh, come on. I am keeling myself out here!"

Comment

Quickstart

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
                  You start watching this stuff on youtube and you can go on and on. Maybe the groundstrokes aren't as strong, but it is sure fun to watch the tension rise so quickly as someone goes to the net, especially with the grace of Edberg.

Will we ever see that kind of tennis again? Will Quickstart teach kids to love the net enough to make it an integral part of their games?

don
                  An answer to your last question is : no.
                  You may see it did NOT happen in Europe.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8347 users online. 5 members and 8342 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X