Pancho Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancho Gonzalez

I learned my tennis from a Pancho Gonzalez book. To me his serve motion was and still is one of the best. He could deliver a rocket serve with a wooden racket? Amazing.

My only comment at this stage is:

"As to why great people die?"

Mahboob Khan
    Islamabad, Pakistan

The more we learn about his life and the absolute climate of opposition from his family and worse, the culture of America, the more amazing and beautiful what he was able to accomplish thru a drive that would not be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by makhan67 View Post
      I learned my tennis from a Pancho Gonzalez book. To me his serve motion was and still is one of the best. He could deliver a rocket serve with a wooden racket? Amazing.

My only comment at this stage is:

"As to why great people die?"

Mahboob Khan
      Islamabad, Pakistan
      So did I Mahboob! I still have it... was it "Tennis by Pancho Gonzalez"?

Comment

Pancho Gonzales was before my time but I find the man intriguing. What he did at the Howard Hughes Open in Las Vegas was extraordinary, beating the leading players of the era one after the other when he was 41 years old.

His complete dominance of his era can only be compared to Federer dominance of the last 7 years. The great thing about this website is that members are knowledgeable and consider Pancho to be amongst the very greats despite his lack of Grand Slam titles. If Pancho were around today, he'd be touched by how highly people regard him on TP.
        Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7811 users online. 2 members and 7809 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X