Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with video...

John,
    I couldn't agree more with your article on the myth of tennis tips. While these might be OK for a beginner to help establish a base, advanced players do need a video camera. I have been working with one for over a year, and it really helps. I even don't wait until the end of the training session to look at the video. When practicing my serve, I check it out every 5 minutes, and find that this really speeds up improvement.
    Regards, Phil

High speed cameras

Ben Hogan said that he would have understood the golf swing 10 years earlier if he had access to a high speed camera. Why aren’t more tennis coaches like John Yandell using high speed video to better understand the mechanics of tennis?

Comment

I think they aren't perhaps due to the cost and the feasibility of it all.

I know being a coach myself I would love to be able to do Video Analysis on my clients, but time and money doesn't always warrant it being worthwhile.

They sure would get a better picture of how they play and understand that, but its a big outlay at the start and I think many people are wary to do that.

I had the opportunity lately to be video'd whilst I played and was pleasantly suprised. It really does give you a better image of what you are doing. And then someone giving you information re-inforces that.

Anthony

Comment

I bought a Sony Handycam which has a small screen. When on court, I find the small screen sufficient to see what I want to see. At home, I can hook it up to the TV if need be for a larger screen. I really do not think it can be much of a cost issue.

Comment

Maybe not for your gzhpcu, but for myself getting an hourly wage at this stage this money can be better spent elsewhere.

Although down the track it would be more than useful.

Anthony

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8835 users online. 10 members and 8825 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X