Walking on the Moon with Mac and Ivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking on the Moon with Mac and Ivan

Wow!!!! Priceless! JohnY...where did this come from. Location, producer, when? '83 or '84?

Here are a couple of guys that I, for one, would love to see thrown at the current crop of players in the "most competitive era of tennis ever" (not). If Roger had a couple of guys like this in the draws of the 16 slams he owns...it may of been more like 8 or 9.

First there are the characters...McEnroe and Lendl. A couple of great antagonists, theatrically speaking . Then there is the production itself. The shadow images behind the players, the black background, shadows only, and the music..."Walking on the Moon" from the Reggatta de Blanc album by the Police (one of the very last great rock and roll bands). On top of this...look at the stroke production. Look at the expression on their faces. The very last shot of Lendl pounding a forehand. Sheer Poetry in Motion. I love these guys. Few, but some, wrap arounds on the follow throughs. Pretty classic stuff. Bring back the one hand backhand the shorts and Rock and Roll for that matter...I say.

Priceless...JohnY!
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Winning Edge video. Produced by yours truly. 1984.

Comment

I wish I could take credit. I already loved the song, but Johnny Mac suggested it for the video. I guess he really is (sometimes) a genius.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2613 users online. 11 members and 2602 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X